• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why was this careless driving and not murder?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UglyBetty View Post
    If that version of events is true, sounds a reasonable act of self preservation.
    I once knocked down a guy who was threatening to stab me (albeit without showing me a knife). Guess which one of us had the multi page criminal record while the other then went on to discuss the whole affair with a judge in crown court......******* great year that was. At least I didn't go to jail like the first barrister who recommended I plead guilty said was likely to happen.

Comment

Murder rates are down but that's only because its now called manslaughter.
      You have to have premeditated (planed) to kill some one for it to be murder.
      e.g a pub fight, guy stamps on a guys head killing him, is still manslaughter.
      But a guy go's into Homebase to buy knife/ shovel and 5m of plastic wrap to go round his ex girlfriends to kill her. (murder)

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Should have been done for making off from an accident as well.
        She was probably very afraid. If someone started abusing me and jumped on my car I wouldn't think twice about flooring it outta there.

And reading the later post with more detail. the Beeb kinda makes it out that the immigrant (from the name one would gather she is not British) purposly flung the victim off and drove off.

I find the sentence quite harsh myself. I'd take into account self-defence..oops that doesn't exist in the UK.

Now we await to find out just how much compo will be paid out.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
          And reading the later post with more detail. the Beeb kinda makes it out that the immigrant (from the name one would gather she is not British)

Why are you bringing race into this? No idea if she was British or not. And it should make no difference either way.

Comment

Working...
          X