• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London Rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

airbnb.co.uk is going to be your friend here.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
      Or Spareroom - worked well for me for over 12 months renting Mon-Fri, in the last 18 months.....still, YMMV
      latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
        Fantastic. Above a pub, £25 per night.

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
          Easyhotel normally charge around that for a night for a room with an en-suite, the room is tiny though but clean and central locations. May be a bit much for a regular Monday to Friday but fine for the occasional night or 2 when I've stayed there (especially if out on the lash after work and only requiring a crash pad )
          I'll remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotchpie View Post
            Fantastic. Above a pub, £25 per night.
            We look forward to your reports.

Comment

I work at CW and used to stay in hotels 4 days a week average about £140 some weeks it's 250+ for travel lodge per night

This week you will pay £700+

Go on try to book the travel lodge (docklands it's a dump of all dumps) this or next week or any week <£100

If you fancy a beer (sorry tap water on your rate) let me know and will give you some tips (or a cardboard box)

Comment

When on a recent tour on the motorbike in Europe, the wife and I stayed at quite a few Ibis hotels.

Not the most luxurious, but functional and clean, comfortable beds, tasty breakfast, wifi, all the essentials were there.

Ibis London Docklands
                Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Yes it is doable. But you may have under-quoted against the market rate for your skills and the gig. Hard to say about that.
                  WoldG+pjcS

And you can get digs for less than £100pn if you look around.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    WoldG+pjcS

And you can get digs for less than £100pn if you look around.
                    Mind your language.

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
                      Easyhotel normally charge around that for a night for a room with an en-suite, the room is tiny though but clean and central locations. May be a bit much for a regular Monday to Friday but fine for the occasional night or 2 when I've stayed there (especially if out on the lash after work and only requiring a crash pad )
                      When I tried to book there they wanted my passport, since I don't need it when I'm booking other hotels I declined.
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X