• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Merged threads discussing Israel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    If an affluent democracy means having several million people living without right and dignity then I hate to see what a non-affluent democracy would look like. Palestinians are still a part of Israel yet they have no human rights. Is that democracy?
    The Palestinians are dedicated to wiping Israel off the planet. They are a sovereign nation and therefore not part of Israel. The fact that they have no human rights is because they are governed by a bunch of murdering fanatics who are dedicated to destroying Israel. If they were to devolve power to the people or reform the economy they would take away their own position of power I keep saying this but none of you apologists will take it on so I will ask again what do you expect the Israelis to do exactly?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Arafat was not a terrorist he was actually looking for reasonable solution but they carried on bulldozing the Palestinianns homes, and blamed it on Arafat. When the Palestinians voted in Abbas, the Israelis pointedly ignored him built a wall and carried on bulldozing their villages.

The Israelis don't want a settlement because they just want to keep the "status quo".

well the answer is Hamas...

They only have themselves to blame. Hamas will get stronger and will fire increasing amounts of rockets.

It's up to Israel if they want peace. They don't really, they just want the land. That's fine but then they'll have to live with the rockets. They won't solve this by marching into Gaza, they'll just "feel better".
      Where did you get the idea that Arafat was such a nice guy?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        The Palestinians are dedicated to wiping Israel off the planet. They are a sovereign nation and therefore not part of Israel. The fact that they have no human rights is because they are governed by a bunch of murdering fanatics who are dedicated to destroying Israel. If they were to devolve power to the people or reform the economy they would take away their own position of power I keep saying this but none of you apologists will take it on so I will ask again what do you expect the Israelis to do exactly?
        Hamas is dedicated to wiping Israel of the planet.

Just like when the IRA were bombing us here - if you were Catholic and lived in Northern Ireland you knew to keep your mouth shut if you opposed them unless you wanted to disappear with some of your family. There as on the mainland depending who you were with you were safe to say you didn't agree with them.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Where did you get the idea that Netanyahu was such a nice guy?

And what about Sharon or Begin.

Begin was a terrorist before Israel was founded.

The point is if you treat people like sh*te you get Hamas.

I'm not defending Hamas, they're fanatics, I'm pointing out Israel has to reach out to solve the problem, but they fail to support democrats like Abbas and Arafat wasn't that bad nowhere near Hamas.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

So you think Netanyahu is a nice guy?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              So you think Netanyahu is a nice guy?
              My point was about Arafat not Netanyahu. My original point is that the Israelis are reacting in the best way they can to stop being attacked by their neighbour. Arafat and the Israelis of yesteryear were involved in a power struggle the rights and wrongs of which can be argued as you like. Israel fought to become an independent state and Arafat fought them.

We can trade who did what to who as much as we like along with the rights and wrongs of who owns what for as far back as you like but the fact remains that as far as the world now stands both the Palestinians and the Israelis have their own nation states. Israel has an established democracy that has made it one of the wealthiest states in the region whereas Palestine is still fighting a war that I reckon most of its people do not want.

Unfortunately Palestine is run by fanatics who wish to destroy Israel and Israel defends itself by bombing Hamas targets which overspills into civilian casualties. Hamas have no chance of defeating Israel but they wish to remain in power. It serves Hamas very well to continue bombing Israel and for Palestinians to suffer casualties. They can remain in power under the (false) premise that they are protecting their people.

Which is why they kidnapped and killed the three Israeli teenagers in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                If an affluent democracy means having several million people living without right and dignity then I hate to see what a non-affluent democracy would look like. Palestinians are still a part of Israel yet they have no human rights. Is that democracy?
                If you feel so strongly about the plight of these poor, downtrodden Palestinians, instead of spouting pointless diatribes on a forum where no-one actually gives a damn, why don't you go and take up the fight in Gaza?

You never know, we may get lucky and you will find your true calling as a human shield

Comment

My point was about Arafat not Netanyahu. My original point is that the Israelis are reacting in the best way they can to stop being attacked by their neighbour.
                  I think I stated on one of the threads in a rather blunt fashion that this will not work.

All Israel are doing by bombing Gaza and killing women and children is creating more Hamas supporters.

The only solutions are for them:
                  1. To get a common enemy OR
                  2. More appropriately talk to each other

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                    If you feel so strongly about the plight of these poor, downtrodden Palestinians, instead of spouting pointless diatribes on a forum where no-one actually gives a damn, why don't you go and take up the fight in Gaza?

You never know, we may get lucky and you will find your true calling as a human shield
                    If he did and died - every time there is a conflict between the two parties he will be brought up like Rachel Corrie.

Comment

And they don't like the Irish either! When I was working in Tel Aviv they bombed Mike's Place so I couldn't drink there:

Although they weren't proper Hamas:

After the attack the Palestinian terrorist groups Hamas and Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades claimed joint responsibility for the attack. In addition, Hamas spokesman identified the perpetrators as British Muslims Asif Muhammad Hanif, 22, from London and Omar Khan Sharif, 27, from Derby.
                      The next time I worked there, I was there for Yom HaShoah. I stood out on the balcony of my room and watched over Tel Aviv and there was not a sound or a thing moving, spooky...
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X