• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How long will rofl harris get?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    I don't buy that. Ok he's old, but had he been caught when he was younger then he'd

1 - served longer
    2 - had his career ruined earlier
    3 - probably lost the wife he 'cares' for

Had he been caught earlier in his life he would have suffered a hell of a lot more than he will now. Personally I hope the dirty old pervert jake-the-pegs it inside, not least for his version of Stairway To Heaven.
    FTFY
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

5 years 9 months, his sentence matches his age preferences in girls.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
        5 years 9 months, his sentence matches his age preferences in girls.

i heard he preferred 29 year olds. Because they are the right age and there's twenty of them

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
          I take it you have not had any dealings with kids who have been sexually abused then! If you did you'd know that events like these are not some fleeting memory.
          Aside from the fact memories get repressed, "he abused me" isn't very detailed. Even details of what he's supposed to have done don't incriminate if you're reporting as an adult (as a child you are less likely to know what thing he might have done). To be strong evidence you'd need to know the date, the place and other details... if it was a recent crime you'd be expected to say details like what he was wearing, which room it was in, yada yada.

I've been in only a few traumatic situations as a child but I do not remember any of that sort of detail. I remember the traumatic event only but in nowhere enough detail I could convince anyone it was true. e.g. I remember when we hit a rock while sailing - but I don't even know what year that was or where we were or what time of day it was.

I know someone who spend something like 2 years trying to convince a judge that her kid's father (separated) was abusing the children. And that was supposedly ongoing, not something from decades ago, even with experts interviewing the children, etc.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Aside from the fact memories get repressed, "he abused me" isn't very detailed. Even details of what he's supposed to have done don't incriminate if you're reporting as an adult (as a child you are less likely to know what thing he might have done). To be strong evidence you'd need to know the date, the place and other details... if it was a recent crime you'd be expected to say details like what he was wearing, which room it was in, yada yada.

I've been in only a few traumatic situations as a child but I do not remember any of that sort of detail. I remember the traumatic event only but in nowhere enough detail I could convince anyone it was true. e.g. I remember when we hit a rock while sailing - but I don't even know what year that was or where we were or what time of day it was.

I know someone who spend something like 2 years trying to convince a judge that her kid's father (separated) was abusing the children. And that was supposedly ongoing, not something from decades ago, even with experts interviewing the children, etc.
            I was molested as a kid whilst walking home from brownies. I can remember exactly what happened - the smell of the dirty old perv's breath as he bit my lip - and where it happened. Time wise - haven't a clue, was probably about 8 but could be out by a couple of years.

Comment

They'll be singing in Wandsworth nick tonight, that's for sure....

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                I was molested as a kid whilst walking home from brownies. I can remember exactly what happened - the smell of the dirty old perv's breath as he bit my lip - and where it happened. Time wise - haven't a clue, was probably about 8 but could be out by a couple of years.
                yikes.
                out of curiosity, what would you like to see the old perv get ? 5 years ?
                would you like to see him get double a burglar, half ?
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Comment

That was quick.

Rolf Harris jail sentence to be reviewed by attorney general | UK news | theguardian.com
                    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                      yikes.
                      out of curiosity, what would you like to see the old perv get ? 5 years ?
                      would you like to see him get double a burglar, half ?
                      Dunno. I've not been traumatised for life as some victims claim to have been. If what he did to me (and my sister - we were together) was the total of his offences, then no real harm done. However, it's unlikely it was just us, so hard to quantify these things. If he did the same thing to 10 other kids, does that make it worse?

I'm not a vindictive person and prefer rehabilitation to punishment.

Comment

Working...
                      X