• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thanks Rishi

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Rishi

After delaying on the basis we really hate borrowing, we finally applied for BBL on our family business at the weekend with HSBC. Just had notification it's approved. Super easy, super quick.

We'd been initially scuppered, as a brand new business which was forced to close:
    1. Brand new building not registered for business rates
    2. Hired staff the day after the furlough cut off

However after a few days of near panic, we got in touch with our local MP who contacted a local council big-wig and told them to sort out 1.
    And we were able to apply for local sustainability grant funding to cover 3 months wage bill which basically meant our one FTE got paid (in hindsight if we'd say my wife on a full salary they'd have paid that too!)

We're interested in the kickstart scheme but you have to pay wages then get reimbursed, so the relatively small loan is potentially a big deal.

Just nice to share some good news, and encouragement that sometimes you need to persevere... Though the latter is probably not news to anyone who started a business. When it's not just your savings but someone else's livelihood at stake, it's a big deal.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Thanks Rishi

Deleted as not in general
      Last edited by GhostofTarbera; 6 October 2020, 22:20.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        Deleted as not in general
        Aw, now I want to know. If you make it clear it's not a serious post I'm fine with it

mi fone did this on tappy tawk

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Aw, now I want to know. If you make it clear it's not a serious post I'm fine with it

mi fone did this on tappy tawk
          Was something about wasting BBL’s on hookers and drugs

Why not do a cinemaworld and close your lose making business until same time next year

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            Was something about wasting BBL’s on hookers and drugs

Why not do a cinemaworld and close your lose making business until same time next year

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
            We actually care about our staff otherwise mothballing the entire company might have been an option.

Comment

Working...
            X