• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Contract ends today. What options do I have with furloughs?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Contract ends today. What options do I have with furloughs?

    Title says it all really.

    I have been in my current contract from the start of this year and my last day is today, as the project is pretty much finished and naturally clientco is keen to save pennies.

    So given that the market in my skillset is currently pretty moribund, what options, if any, do I now have to apply for furlough funds?

    Someone told me no new applications can be made after 10th June, and that deadline has obviously already passed. But I also read that the furlough scheme will extend to at least October. But in that case why should people laid off (in effect) only now be penalised compared with those already let go?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

    #2
    Why not go to the pages where you apply and see what the rules are rather than ask a load of people that aren't in your exact situation. When you find out come back and tell us.

    You are aware of exactly how much you'll get if you are on furlough yes?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Title says it all really.

      I have been in my current contract from the start of this year and my last day is today, as the project is pretty much finished and naturally clientco is keen to save pennies.

      So given that the market in my skillset is currently pretty moribund, what options, if any, do I now have to apply for furlough funds?

      Someone told me no new applications can be made after 10th June, and that deadline has obviously already passed. But I also read that the furlough scheme will extend to at least October. But in that case why should people laid off (in effect) only now be penalised compared with those already let go?
      Can't help except for a manly . Hope you find something soon.

      Comment


        #4
        Employees must have been furloughed for a minimum of three weeks by today, so the effective closing date for new applicants to the CJRS was 10 June. In short, you've missed out on the CJRS, as I understand it. You can apply for a bounce back loan though.

        Comment


          #5
          Check if you can claim for your employees' wages through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme - GOV.UK
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

          Comment


            #6
            In line with that, perhaps contractors could consider £40,793 as a new salary?
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

            Comment


              #7
              So, yeah, 10 June.

              From 1 July , employers can bring furloughed employees back to work for any amount of time and any work pattern, while still being able to claim the grant for the hours not worked. From this date, only employees that you have successfully claimed a previous grant for will be eligible for more grants under the scheme. This means they must have previously been furloughed for at least 3 consecutive weeks taking place any time between 1 March and 30 June 2020. For the minimum 3 consecutive week period to be completed by 30 June, the last day an employee could have started furlough for the first time was 10 June. This may differ if you have an employee returning from statutory parental leave.

              Comment


                #8
                As mentioned above its too late now.

                You can claim UC as self-employed, basically you report income & expenses to DWP monthly and its worked out how much of the £408 per month you are eligible for, Ive been doing this since May but Ive had some invoices coming in so havnt been eligible yet...

                If you have a Ltd Co. I assume you can still claim for the bounce back loan ?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by andydd68 View Post
                  As mentioned above its too late now.

                  You can claim UC as self-employed, basically you report income & expenses to DWP monthly and its worked out how much of the £408 per month you are eligible for, Ive been doing this since May but Ive had some invoices coming in so havnt been eligible yet...

                  If you have a Ltd Co. I assume you can still claim for the bounce back loan ?
                  Not if you are with tide as they ran out of money


                  Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                    Not if you are with tide as they ran out of money
                    No contractor should be using Tide as their main business bank account. They are well known to have a wide range of issues, appalling service (if any!) and are an all rubbish bank.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X