• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Bounce back loan + CJRS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bounce back loan + CJRS

Just wondering whether it would be possible to furlough yourself to get the CJRS and at the same time take out a bounce back loan? I mean, what would you put down as the purpose of the loan, assuming you had to? You couldn't exactly say R&D or anything really that involved your input because you're furloughed? Wouldn't the logic be to claim the CJRS for as long as it lasts and when the scheme ends, apply for a bounce back loan? I'm figuring here that I'm going to give my plan B a proper go, instead of playing at it like I have done over time, and need to establish how long I can survive given the varying levels of support (and my own assets). Thoughts?

I don't know what the requirements are for the loan - I'm sure the detail will come out soon enough (if it's not out already).

I would get the loan first then furlough...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I don't know what the requirements are for the loan - I'm sure the detail will come out soon enough (if it's not out already).

I would get the loan first then furlough...
      Interesting. I guess technically I couldn't be applying for the bounce back loan if I was furloughed either. I'd also want the option of paying the loan back early just in case a contract came along (I'm tulip at investments!).

Comment

You are running a business. You can apply for a loan and furlough your worker(s).

The minimum period of furlough is 3 weeks and requires documented consent.
        https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Apply for a coronavirus Bounce Back Loan - GOV.UK

Doesnt seem to matter if you have or havnt furloughed staff. it goes live on Monday 4th

Comment

Working...
          X