• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bounce back loan + CJRS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bounce back loan + CJRS

Just wondering whether it would be possible to furlough yourself to get the CJRS and at the same time take out a bounce back loan? I mean, what would you put down as the purpose of the loan, assuming you had to? You couldn't exactly say R&D or anything really that involved your input because you're furloughed? Wouldn't the logic be to claim the CJRS for as long as it lasts and when the scheme ends, apply for a bounce back loan? I'm figuring here that I'm going to give my plan B a proper go, instead of playing at it like I have done over time, and need to establish how long I can survive given the varying levels of support (and my own assets). Thoughts?

I don't know what the requirements are for the loan - I'm sure the detail will come out soon enough (if it's not out already).

I would get the loan first then furlough...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I don't know what the requirements are for the loan - I'm sure the detail will come out soon enough (if it's not out already).

I would get the loan first then furlough...
      Interesting. I guess technically I couldn't be applying for the bounce back loan if I was furloughed either. I'd also want the option of paying the loan back early just in case a contract came along (I'm tulip at investments!).

Comment

You are running a business. You can apply for a loan and furlough your worker(s).

The minimum period of furlough is 3 weeks and requires documented consent.
        https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Apply for a coronavirus Bounce Back Loan - GOV.UK

Doesnt seem to matter if you have or havnt furloughed staff. it goes live on Monday 4th

Comment

Working...
          X