• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worth a punt?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worth a punt?

Ltd co director, last contract wound up last week, no signs of anything on the horizon, pay myself the threshold before NI kicks in. Accountant just sent me generic advice. Thoughts on trying to apply?
    Last edited by ApeShape; 20 April 2020, 18:33.

Let's try fill in the gaps

- I assume you mean the CJRS?
    - Were you employed and on registered on PAYE with HMRC on 19 March? If so, does your accountant do your payroll, another provider, or do you do it? Have you read this: https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2762684
    - Did you contract end due to Covid-19 and can you prove that if HMRC ask questions
    - Why is your accountant just giving generic advice if you're paying them - have you asked specific questions?
    Last edited by Paralytic; 21 April 2020, 07:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
      Let's try fill in the gaps

- I assume you mean the CJRS?
      - Were you employed and on registered on PAYE with HMRC on 19 March? If so, does your accountant do your payroll, another provider, or do you do it? Have you read this: https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2762684
      - Did you contract end due to Covid-19 and can you prove that if HMRC ask questions
      - Why is your accountant just giving generic advice if you're paying them - have you asked specific questions?
      You keep bringing this up and it's completely irrelevant. There is no need to prove anything to HMRC about your contract being terminated due to Covid-19. If you aren't currently working you can furlough yourself and claim from the job retention scheme.

Comment

Working...
      X