• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Contractor Sick Pay COVID 19

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor Sick Pay COVID 19

Well, welcome surprise to be fair and it appears all civil service contractors are eligible....

Obviously the £2500 cap is a drawback but better than a poke in the eye.

Saying that, had a strange conversation with my agent. Hes basically said, that, even though the client might be willing to pay them £2500 gross a month (£115 a day) they'd still have to look at maintaining their same margin because of their "overheads".

Now is it me, or are they trying to hint that if they're margin is, say, £50 on top of what you're rate is, they'd still be looking to take that (i.e. £50 for them, £65 for you) That would be very naughty indeed.

Not inconceivable that margin is more than £115 a day. So are they just going to keep the lot?

We'll see how this one pans out and I think......
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Well, welcome surprise to be fair and it appears all civil service contractors are eligible....

Obviously the £2500 cap is a drawback but better than a poke in the eye.

Saying that, had a strange conversation with my agent. Hes basically said, that, even though the client might be willing to pay them £2500 gross a month (£115 a day) they'd still have to look at maintaining their same margin because of their "overheads".

Now is it me, or are they trying to hint that if they're margin is, say, £50 on top of what you're rate is, they'd still be looking to take that (i.e. £50 for them, £65 for you) That would be very naughty indeed.

Not inconceivable that margin is more than £115 a day. So are they just going to keep the lot?

We'll see how this one pans out and I think......
    The agent can furlough their staff as well.

I would report the agent to HMRC plus your MP as a scam that the agent is doing.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      The agent can furlough their staff as well.

I would report the agent to HMRC plus your MP as a scam that the agent is doing.
      Yes doesn't sound right. I'll have to wait for the official line from them it appears....
      BUT thats just typical of agents - protecting their income at all costs.

Of course, if a contractor is not working at all they get ZERO too.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X