• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Sick Pay COVID 19

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor Sick Pay COVID 19

Well, welcome surprise to be fair and it appears all civil service contractors are eligible....

Obviously the £2500 cap is a drawback but better than a poke in the eye.

Saying that, had a strange conversation with my agent. Hes basically said, that, even though the client might be willing to pay them £2500 gross a month (£115 a day) they'd still have to look at maintaining their same margin because of their "overheads".

Now is it me, or are they trying to hint that if they're margin is, say, £50 on top of what you're rate is, they'd still be looking to take that (i.e. £50 for them, £65 for you) That would be very naughty indeed.

Not inconceivable that margin is more than £115 a day. So are they just going to keep the lot?

We'll see how this one pans out and I think......
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Well, welcome surprise to be fair and it appears all civil service contractors are eligible....

Obviously the £2500 cap is a drawback but better than a poke in the eye.

Saying that, had a strange conversation with my agent. Hes basically said, that, even though the client might be willing to pay them £2500 gross a month (£115 a day) they'd still have to look at maintaining their same margin because of their "overheads".

Now is it me, or are they trying to hint that if they're margin is, say, £50 on top of what you're rate is, they'd still be looking to take that (i.e. £50 for them, £65 for you) That would be very naughty indeed.

Not inconceivable that margin is more than £115 a day. So are they just going to keep the lot?

We'll see how this one pans out and I think......
    The agent can furlough their staff as well.

I would report the agent to HMRC plus your MP as a scam that the agent is doing.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      The agent can furlough their staff as well.

I would report the agent to HMRC plus your MP as a scam that the agent is doing.
      Yes doesn't sound right. I'll have to wait for the official line from them it appears....
      BUT thats just typical of agents - protecting their income at all costs.

Of course, if a contractor is not working at all they get ZERO too.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X