• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Possible dealbreakers in upcoming contract?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You mean 30 days payment terms?

No, 30-60, it's THEY who have stipulated that invoices only be submitted end-of-month. Starting Monday (last day of June) I could invoice for a day but that's still not enough in the pot to cover hotel for a month. So when you factor what I'll be shelling out in hotel costs (£60/night), that's exposing myself to £3600 risk if it all goes mammaries skywards. Given how disorganised they've been in the recruitment process alone, I can't say I have more than zero confidence in their payments.

Anyway I'm just about to turn down the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Gym beast View Post
      No, 30-60, it's THEY who have stipulated that invoices only be submitted end-of-month. Starting Monday (last day of June) I could invoice for a day but that's still not enough in the pot to cover hotel for a month. So when you factor what I'll be shelling out in hotel costs (£60/night), that's exposing myself to £3600 risk if it all goes mammaries skywards. Given how disorganised they've been in the recruitment process alone, I can't say I have more than zero confidence in their payments.

Anyway I'm just about to turn down the job.
      Wise move, they don't sound the most clued up, prepare for tears when you tell them its all off though

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
        Wise move, they don't sound the most clued up, prepare for tears when you tell them its all off though

Fck me you weren't wrong mate, just got them crying on Skype about how they're up against a wall, the client is creating a Security ID (like that wouldn't happen otherwise), they're (and the client) are not going home until the matter is settled...

Comment

Tell them 'its you not them' and you hope that you both can stay friends!

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
            Tell them 'its you not them' and you hope that you both can stay friends!

LOL, had a few times I've both used that line to dump and had it used to dump me!!

Seriously though, I've had to up the Ante an as an extra condition (I'm not wavering on getting weekly paid) I've demanded the cost of flights+ week 1 accommodation OR value of £500 cleared before I fly.

I told Bob to stop crying, pass my Skype messages up, go home and have a Cobra while his line manager mulls it over.

They're thinking about it.

Comment

All sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Good luck!

Comment

Hee hee !!

They caved in for the most part, they've paid for flight/rail to my hotel, and agreed to fortnightly invoicing and 7 days payment for month 1, and monthly invoicing plus 7 days payment thereafter. Got a nice hotel booked for the whole week for under £500 notes.

I've agreed to their terms, flying tomorrow.

Now lets see what a mess the project is in.

Anyone know any good bars in Konstanz??

Comment

Hahaha, result! Well done. And this is for you:

Comment

Working...
                  X