• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Possible dealbreakers in upcoming contract?"

Collapse

• GillsMan
    replied
    Hahaha, result! Well done. And this is for you:

Leave a comment:

• Gym beast
    replied
    Hee hee !!

They caved in for the most part, they've paid for flight/rail to my hotel, and agreed to fortnightly invoicing and 7 days payment for month 1, and monthly invoicing plus 7 days payment thereafter. Got a nice hotel booked for the whole week for under £500 notes.

I've agreed to their terms, flying tomorrow.

Now lets see what a mess the project is in.

Anyone know any good bars in Konstanz??

Leave a comment:

• kal
    replied
    All sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Gym beast
    replied
    Originally posted by kal View Post
    Tell them 'its you not them' and you hope that you both can stay friends!

LOL, had a few times I've both used that line to dump and had it used to dump me!!

Seriously though, I've had to up the Ante an as an extra condition (I'm not wavering on getting weekly paid) I've demanded the cost of flights+ week 1 accommodation OR value of £500 cleared before I fly.

I told Bob to stop crying, pass my Skype messages up, go home and have a Cobra while his line manager mulls it over.

They're thinking about it.

Leave a comment:

• kal
    replied
    Tell them 'its you not them' and you hope that you both can stay friends!

Leave a comment:

• Gym beast
    replied
    Originally posted by kal View Post
    Wise move, they don't sound the most clued up, prepare for tears when you tell them its all off though

Fck me you weren't wrong mate, just got them crying on Skype about how they're up against a wall, the client is creating a Security ID (like that wouldn't happen otherwise), they're (and the client) are not going home until the matter is settled...

Leave a comment:

• kal
    replied
    Originally posted by Gym beast View Post
    No, 30-60, it's THEY who have stipulated that invoices only be submitted end-of-month. Starting Monday (last day of June) I could invoice for a day but that's still not enough in the pot to cover hotel for a month. So when you factor what I'll be shelling out in hotel costs (£60/night), that's exposing myself to £3600 risk if it all goes mammaries skywards. Given how disorganised they've been in the recruitment process alone, I can't say I have more than zero confidence in their payments.

Anyway I'm just about to turn down the job.
    Wise move, they don't sound the most clued up, prepare for tears when you tell them its all off though

Leave a comment:

• Gym beast
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You mean 30 days payment terms?

No, 30-60, it's THEY who have stipulated that invoices only be submitted end-of-month. Starting Monday (last day of June) I could invoice for a day but that's still not enough in the pot to cover hotel for a month. So when you factor what I'll be shelling out in hotel costs (£60/night), that's exposing myself to £3600 risk if it all goes mammaries skywards. Given how disorganised they've been in the recruitment process alone, I can't say I have more than zero confidence in their payments.

Anyway I'm just about to turn down the job.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Don't think it will be now, they're terms are to invoice at end of calendar month, they pay a month later - effectively that's 60 days credit. Just not worth the exposure.
    You mean 30 days payment terms?

Leave a comment:

• kal
    replied
    Don't think it will be now, they're terms are to invoice at end of calendar month, they pay a month later - effectively that's 60 days credit. Just not worth the exposure.
    60 days is ridiculous. So long as my timesheet is signed by by 5pm Monday I get paid on the Friday!

Leave a comment:

• Gym beast
    replied
    Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    I still wouldn't travel until the contract was signed by both parties.

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    Guess what? They've only JUST gotten the Work Order, starts from Monday. They just NOW asked for a Cert of Incorporation , after requesting and getting Bank/Passport details on Wednesday....

Talk about disorganised!!
    I still wouldn't travel until the contract was signed by both parties.

Leave a comment:

• Gym beast
    replied
    Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    Sue them for what? There's no contract signed.

Guess what? They've only JUST gotten the Work Order, starts from Monday. They just NOW asked for a Cert of Incorporation , after requesting and getting Bank/Passport details on Wednesday....

Talk about disorganised!!

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    Shyte I forgot to add that they ARE a LTD company (checked Companies House) registered here, so I do have someone to sue if needed.
    Still think I should tell them to do one?
    Sue them for what? There's no contract signed.

Leave a comment:

• Gym beast
    replied
    Originally posted by Magpie252 View Post
    They not asking you to cross-border commute into Switzerland are they? i.e. sounds like Basel

You cannot work there without being registered and paying Swiss tax

Nahh just across the border in Konstanz.

Anyway the warchest looks pretty comfy, now though I really don't need a gig this side of Christmas, I'd far rather get back to the grind in Spetember but Sod's law, you get the big money when you least expect AND want it!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X