• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal details

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal details

An agent asked me the details of my ex-employers (salary, rate) and even my personal details.
    I refused to answer these questions, but then he eventually told me a job details and could put me forward to his client.

However, he insisted not to disclose his client name and said he would contact me if his client wants to interview me. I have found that it is very odd and most of the agents would tell me the client name when discussing a role.

Can an agent send my CV to his client without telling me this client's name? Is it a real job or the agent is playing game? What is it about? If he is fishing or the job is not real, why would he waste his time to do it?

Also, did you experience that agents requested you to fill your personal details (DOB, nationality,ex-salary, benefits of the ex-company etc) in their form, as it was their clients' requirement? Otherwise, they could not forward your CV to their clients. Is it really true that you have to do this before getting any interviews?

I ignored them and said that I would fill the form and submit it to their clients directly if I get an interview with them.

Have you read this thread?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...eferences.html

That aside, I can't remember one agent that told me the client before I got put forward. I know some do and often you can guess. Banking client in Knutsford for example. It's to stop you going direct or finding an agent of your choice and sending him in so it does make sense in some cases but also can be used in a devious way to collect leads and CV's when there isn't a gig. Read the thread and appraise yourself of their tricks and when it is right to give details and when it isn't.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 24 June 2014, 10:58.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by clwd View Post
      Can an agent send my CV to his client without telling me this client's name?
      They can. Some will. They probably shouldn't, unless you are happy with them doing this.

Is it a real job or the agent is playing game?
      Yes

What is it about?
      Work.

If he is fishing or the job is not real, why would he waste his time to do it?
      If he's fishing, then he's doing it to fish. If he's not fishing, then you would need to fathom the mind of an agent to get close to understanding their motivation.

Also, did you experience that agents requested you to fill your personal details (DOB, nationality,ex-salary, benefits of the ex-company etc) in their form, as it was their clients' requirement?
      No.

Is it really true that you have to do this before getting any interviews?
      Possibly
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

When I was told to have an interview with a client, I received a few calls from other agents mentioning the same role at the same client. I even had many calls from other agents suddenly for a couple of days. Why was it? It seems they know each other or work together in the same company.

After that, there were no calls for a while. odd!

Comment

When I was told to have an interview with a client, I received a few calls from other agents mentioning the same role at the same client. I even had many calls from other agents suddenly for a couple of days. Why was it?
          It's their job.

After that, there were no calls for a while. odd!
          Hardly - it's their job.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
          X