• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract length longer than a year Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract length longer than a year Question

Hi all,

First post, so not sure if this is the right category.

So i will be in a contract for over a year in October, my question is, can I work longer than 1 year in a contract?

The contract I am in, initially ran for 3 months and has just rolled on (3 month contracts) for a full year.

I just need to know what will happen tax wise / extra paper work. Or if it is too much of a cut in tax, would it be worth it? or should i just go to another company?

Cheers guys

Originally posted by pbizzle View Post
    Hi all,

First post, so not sure if this is the right category.

So i will be in a contract for over a year in October, my question is, can I work longer than 1 year in a contract?

The contract I am in, initially ran for 3 months and has just rolled on (3 month contracts) for a full year.

I just need to know what will happen tax wise / extra paper work. Or if it is too much of a cut in tax, would it be worth it? or should i just go to another company?

Cheers guys
    Read the guides on the right hand side.

No problem with more than a year in fact it looks good to have the renewals on your CV.

On the other hand you are on top of your working practices? if not you are liable to something called IR35 ( not sure about IR 35 - have a look at the guides on the right hand side of the screen)

Only tax point is when you know that you will be over 2 years at one location and you will not be able to expense your travel expenses.

Comment

can I work longer than 1 year in a contract?
      Yes.

I just need to know what will happen tax wise / extra paper work.
      Nothing.

should i just go to another company?
      If you want to.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

You might want to take not of this too http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...-nutshell.html in the long run
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Wow. Some peoples inability to understand what they do for a living is truly staggering.

Go permie and let those that have a clue have a shot at your gigs.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X