• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Giving notice to agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving notice to agency

Hello there,

A naive question regarding sending termination notice to an agency.
    Is sending a notice by email be good enough or should it be conveyed in a letter sent to the agency by post (Signed for) ?

thanks.

Originally posted by raphal View Post
    Hello there,

A naive question regarding sending termination notice to an agency.
    Is sending a notice by email be good enough or should it be conveyed in a letter sent to the agency by post (Signed for) ?

thanks.
    Check your contract; it usually contains the information there. A lot of the contracts I've had in the past specify that notices can be served by post. I've asked agencies to amend to include email. The reality is that, regardless of what your contract says, email is usually fine.

It's usually polite to speak to them first and then send the notice (or send the notice, then speak to them). Either way, I'd look to communicate verbally to let them know.

Comment

Christ on a bike. How do people manage contracting when they can't work this out?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Give them notice and you'll not see that last invoice paid on time (if at all) - seems to be the way these days by some of the posts on here.
        Blood in your poo

Comment

Carrier pigeon is the most effective way, I've found.

Or via the medium of interpretive dance.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Carrier pigeon is the most effective way, I've found.

Or via the medium of interpretive dance.
            Apparently they've invented something called a telephone. I think you can do texting on them.
            Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Christ on a bike. How do people manage contracting when they can't work this out?
              Many try but most don't.

Comment

Working...
              X