• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruitment consultant / direct contact issue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are two types of circumstances for these cases, and they receive a differing treatment. Introduction and Supply

We believe 12 months to be fair and reasonable for an introduction where we are the effective cause.

Our restriction period and the subsequent clauses that flow from them where we have supplied are governed by the prevailing legislation and agree contract in respect of client and contractor.
    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

See that nobody answered my point about not getting paid for their work.

Another example; you sub someone in using your RoS. The client like this person, hire them direct cutting you out of the loop, possibly replacing you, still happy?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
        See that nobody answered my point about not getting paid for their work.

Another example; you sub someone in using your RoS. The client like this person, hire them direct cutting you out of the loop, possibly replacing you, still happy?
        Thanks for your reply.

I couldn't find the question about not getting paid for your work, but there is a well established and cheap (but not in time perhaps) process for late payers.

The question above, well yes I might be a bit miffed off but ultimately the other person is doing the work and should be renumerated for it. Trying to carry on getting a cut from their work with the threat of court action doesn't sit right with me.

I can see that I've added value to the client introducing them to someone who they now use and I should be renumerated for that it's just how much or for how long that renumeration should continue we differ about.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
          Thanks for your reply.

I couldn't find the question about not getting paid for your work, but there is a well established and cheap (but not in time perhaps) process for late payers.

The question above, well yes I might be a bit miffed off but ultimately the other person is doing the work and should be renumerated for it. Trying to carry on getting a cut from their work with the threat of court action doesn't sit right with me.

I can see that I've added value to the client introducing them to someone who they now use and I should be renumerated for that it's just how much or for how long that renumeration should continue we differ about.

Thanks
          +1 Indeed, I belive Holywood are making a film about this soon... Its called 12 months an IT slave

Comment

If there is a "finder's fee" in the contract then fair enough - this is what the client signs up to initially so they should know the score. Whether that is enforecable is up to the agency. But from past experience I would also be careful of a client that want's to potentially cut corners in terms that this is sometimes a reflection of the company.

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
              +1 Indeed, I belive Holywood are making a film about this soon... Its called 12 months an IT slave
              Read this over lunch and laughed out loud!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
                Read this over lunch and laughed out loud!
                Indeed :-) no one disputes that you deserve a few quid for finding the geezer who can do what needs doing its just the length that seems excessive...

Comment

Working...
                X