• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tech Mahindra - contracting through them

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    Are you looking for the opinions of people who have actually contracted via Tech M, or just their advice, as per your statement above?
    I am looking for advice and/or opinions from people who have contracted through Tech M, rather than just opinions of people who think they know about Tech M...hope that's a bit clearer?

Comment

Originally posted by piningforthefjords View Post
      I am looking for advice and/or opinions from people who have contracted through Tech M, rather than just opinions of people who think they know about Tech M...hope that's a bit clearer?
      Are you also looking for advice from people who think they know about Tech M, but who have not contracted with them?
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Are you also looking for advice from people who think they know about Tech M, but who have not contracted with them?

Comment

What about the opinions of people who have contracted through Tech M and who think they know about Tech M?
          The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

I think you should take the gig then come back in 6 months to give us all your advice/opinion on contracting through Tech M.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
              I think you should take the gig then come back in 6 months to give us all your advice/opinion on contracting through Tech M.
              Have you contracted via Tech M?

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Long story short, I have been asked to come back in to the end client via Tech Mahindra, after a 2 year stint. I don't have any option (long story), rate is largely as before, so no major issues there. All that said, I have never contracted through one of the main Indian body shops (although have done a lot of work with them in the past).

So, question is: has anyone here contracted through Tech M before, if so can you indicate whether there are any issues with contract terms, payment etc. Not really asking your opinion of Tech M generally, more about specific engagements with them as the agency.

Ta.
                I've worked through them once. They used to have a British HR person to deal with contractors. But not now - all agents are of Indian origin. I've not had any problems with payments - all were on time. But their process is very bureaucratic. For e.g. it took me ages to get contract terms changed for IR35. They will normally have an onsite manager who manages all their employees and contractors. If you get them on your side and establish rapport, it is plain sailing and you can get rate increase later on.
                At some point they will try to replace you with a cheaper off shore (they normally have a rotating policy) - so expect to do some knowledge transfer.

Comment

Have you contracted via Tech M?
                  No. That's why I would like to hear his/her opinion/advice for the future, just in case they come looking for my knowledge to transfer

Comment

Originally posted by texto View Post
                    I've worked through them once. They used to have a British HR person to deal with contractors. But not now - all agents are of Indian origin. I've not had any problems with payments - all were on time. But their process is very bureaucratic. For e.g. it took me ages to get contract terms changed for IR35. They will normally have an onsite manager who manages all their employees and contractors. If you get them on your side and establish rapport, it is plain sailing and you can get rate increase later on.
                    At some point they will try to replace you with a cheaper off shore (they normally have a rotating policy) - so expect to do some knowledge transfer.
                    That's the case. They will do this as soon as possible because you are probably costing them something like 5 to 10 times what they would pay an offshore resource.

If the end-client really wants you to stay then you should contract with them directly and not have to report into Tech M. That way you wouldn't feel like you were being anally probed for your valuable knowledge every minute.

Otherwise go find a contract elsewhere - if the opportunity is there I mean.
                    Last edited by ChimpMaster; 21 May 2014, 15:02.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                      That's the case. They will do this as soon as possible because you are probably costing them something like 5 to 10 times what they would pay an offshore resource.

If the end-client really wants you to stay then you should contract with them directly and not have to report into Tech M. That way you wouldn't feel like you were being anally probed for your valuable knowledge every minute.

Otherwise go find a contract elsewhere - if the opportunity is there I mean.
                      Always wondered what the offshore resources are costing. Based on 5-10 x then I guess we're possibly looking as low as £30-£40 a day. Really?
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X