• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You know its not looking like you've got contract qwhen....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know its not looking like you've got contract qwhen....

Agent phones you on wednesday dead keen, thursday phones you to tell you they're hoping for feedback on your submitted CV on tuesday.

Then Tuesday comes, agent ignores your calls, then you see the role turn up on jobserve again.

Looks like its a no then!
    Last edited by psychocandy; 22 April 2014, 13:22.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

I thought you were in a role already?
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
      I thought you were in a role already?
      He follows the NWP2C contractor methodology......
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Now now leave poor PC alone.

Current role was only a short one and does end in a few weeks and this gig was start date of May.

Comment

For the record though, whilst I'm in a gig I dont tend to look but if something comes along I won't dismiss it out of hand. Got to keep options open.

Comment

Has anyone else noticed this worrying trend of agents not ringing you back when there isn't a role for you?
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              Has anyone else noticed this worrying trend of agents not ringing you back when there isn't a role for you?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                You beat me to it, you swine.
                The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  For the record though, whilst I'm in a gig I dont tend to look but if something comes along I won't dismiss it out of hand. Got to keep options open.
                  Shame you're not into Test Automation I get hassled on a weekly basis by agents trying to get me to move contracts
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                    Shame you're not into Test Automation I get hassled on a weekly basis by agents trying to get me to move contracts
                    They've automated the hassling.
                    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Working...
                    X