• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in Munich

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting in Munich

Accepted a long term contract out in Munich on a rate of 1080 EUR per day plus 2000 EUR a month accommodation allowance plus flights.

Initially, I was intending contracting via my UK limited company for the first 6 months before considering setting up a company in Germany. But, maybe better off setting up Germany company from the start, opening up a bank account etc so i can buy goods, pay rent etc in EUR without the fee's!

Also, maybe i benefit from being VAT registered in Germany (Similar to Flat rate here in UK)

Maybe people here have experience using a partner company/Agency?

My family and home will be located in the UK and intend commuting home every weekend.

I'm aware of the 182 day and world tax rule, but not sure if I get caught with additional tax working out of Germany or if I set up in Germany am I liable for tax in the uk being uk resident etc.

Anyone recommend any German Accountants?

Appreciate any advice on this?

You read the stickied post 3 above this and tried a search first?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I make it 2 above, not 3. Really, you must be more precise, otherwise OP clearly won't spot it.

You need to up your game NLUK.

Comment

Originally posted by captainham View Post
        I make it 2 above, not 3. Really, you must be more precise, otherwise OP clearly won't spot it.

You need to up your game NLUK.
        I am a miserable failure and an embarrassment to my parents. I am sorry
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Passen Sie auf Finanzamt.....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            What are you, the forum police? What does it matter to you whether he's read a sticky or carried out a full and thorough search beforehand?

Comment

Err, cos we get pissed off with people who don't look before they post?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Err, cos we get pissed off with people who don't look before they post?
                Well then don't reply and move on to a more interesting post.

Comment

Originally posted by MojoDog View Post
                  Well then don't reply and move on to a more interesting post.
                  It's generally considered to be good forum etiquette to at least get off one's 'arris and do at least some cursory digging before posting a lazy question (of which this is a prime example).

Especially as there is a whole sticky on this very topic in a very prominent place as previously mentioned.

No need to get so upset about it.

Comment

Contracting in Munich

Originally posted by captainham View Post
                    It's generally considered to be good forum etiquette to at least get off one's 'arris and do at least some cursory digging before posting a lazy question (of which this is a prime example).

Especially as there is a whole sticky on this very topic in a very prominent place as previously mentioned.

No need to get so upset about it.
                    Plus the OP is a sockie most likely, no way anyone on 1080€ a day would write so poorly.
                    Last edited by stek; 16 April 2014, 19:55.

Comment

Working...
                    X