• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Employment contract clause

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employment contract clause

"Induce, solicit, entice or howsoever endeavour to induce, solicit or entice any person who at the Termination Date was an employee of the Company or contractor engaged by the company (either directly or indirectly) who was in a senior managerial, technical, supervisory, sales or marketing capacity and with whom you had personal dealings during the course of your employment in the 2 years preceding the Termination Date, to leave the Company’s employment or cease providing services for the Company and/or accept employment with any other person, firm, company or other organisation whose business is competitive with any trade or business carried on by the company."

Can someone help with the legal clause above? I have an offer for a contract position that I need to accept ASAP but I found out that there a clause in my employment contract that may prevent me to take this offer. How enforceable is this clause and what can be the consequence if I take this offer anyway?

Originally posted by thembamt View Post
    "Induce, solicit, entice or howsoever endeavour to induce, solicit or entice any person who at the Termination Date was an employee of the Company or contractor engaged by the company (either directly or indirectly) who was in a senior managerial, technical, supervisory, sales or marketing capacity and with whom you had personal dealings during the course of your employment in the 2 years preceding the Termination Date, to leave the Company’s employment or cease providing services for the Company and/or accept employment with any other person, firm, company or other organisation whose business is competitive with any trade or business carried on by the company."

Can someone help with the legal clause above? I have an offer for a contract position that I need to accept ASAP but I found out that there a clause in my employment contract that may prevent me to take this offer. How enforceable is this clause and what can be the consequence if I take this offer anyway?
    You agreed not to persuade someone (or try to persuade someone) who was in a senior position who you had personal dealings with in the previous two years to leave their employment / contract with the company.

Whether it is enforceable is a question that I'd ask a qualified legal professional rather than a bunch of randoms on the interweb. Ring the PCG legal helpline (assuming that you're a PCG member) and ask them for advice.

If you didn't persuade someone to leave their position, then I can't see how it is relevant to anything.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Do a search for 'handcuff' on these forums using the search detailed in the link below. Lots of discussions on this topic and lots of clear explanations of what is and what isn't enforceable...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/welco...uk-forums.html
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Employment Contract Advice

You should consult with a solicitor.

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanmaxton View Post
          You should consult with a solicitor.
          Oh dear, someone is going to feel the wrath of the mods me thinks....
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X