• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Only Legally Binding When Signed ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract Only Legally Binding When Signed ?

I expressed email & verbal acceptance to an agency subject to satisfactory review of contract but would like to 100% pull out due to absence of certain benefits and different clauses than what was previously promised by the unscrupulous cowboys, despite several ongoing negotiations. Contract has not yet been signed.

This would be perfectly okay from legal standpoint, as nothing as been signed yet , is that right ?

Originally posted by xenopus123 View Post
    I expressed email & verbal acceptance to an agency subject to satisfactory review of contract but would like to 100% pull out due to absence of certain benefits and different clauses than what was previously promised by the unscrupulous cowboys, despite several ongoing negotiations. Contract has not yet been signed.

This would be perfectly okay from legal standpoint, as nothing as been signed yet , is that right ?
    Certainly, if the review statement was made and the reviews aren't satisfactory.

In reality it's unlikely even if you had signed it that any legal action would be taken.

Comment

Ring them up and ask them to change the contract otherwise you won't sign, that's fine. What you thought you had agreed to on the phone and per e-mail isn't what they sent you. In other words they've breached any prior agreement.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

If you have not signed a contract, but you have physically gone on site or started the work, this is deemed to be the equivalent of signing the contract.

Comment

Working...
        X