• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract market still busy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract market still busy?

Just judging by total contracts on jobserve within 100 miles of home postcode. (I know not a very scientific method). It seems there are more on there now than there was a month or so ago?

I guess it could be the last minute rush to get someone in before xmas or they're mostly fake adds because the consultants are bored and need some leads?

Any thoughts on how the market will pick up after xmas? Never been benched this time of year but always though jan-mar was pretty good with april even better. Any thoughts on this?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

There isn't a discernible pattern IMO.

I have had a frustrating October but this week has picked up even though I ramped down my efforts and have had two interviews and look likely to have an offer for one this week and a final interview for another role on Monday as 1 of 2 final candidates.

So I might end up with two offers both for pre-Xmas start.

Comment

That said I could still end up with nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Just judging by total contracts on jobserve within 100 miles of home postcode. (I know not a very scientific method). It seems there are more on there now than there was a month or so ago?

I guess it could be the last minute rush to get someone in before xmas or they're mostly fake adds because the consultants are bored and need some leads?

Any thoughts on how the market will pick up after xmas? Never been benched this time of year but always though jan-mar was pretty good with april even better. Any thoughts on this?
        This Jan to Mar was dire. The only April I have been out I was out for 2 months.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
          This Jan to Mar was dire. The only April I have been out I was out for 2 months.
          It was manic last week, rates are a mixed bag though, anyone fancy a senior dev contract role in brum centre asking the earth for 200 notes a day? No me neither...

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
            Really. Like I said, I was hoping it'd pick up after xmas.

Then again, sure I read a report somewhere that they expected high demand in dec/going into the new year. So far its been ok for december.

Not that I've got anything yet mind.

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
              It was manic last week, rates are a mixed bag though, anyone fancy a senior dev contract role in brum centre asking the earth for 200 notes a day? No me neither...
              Plenty of PC roles in wales/south west for £120/day as well. :-(

Comment

Get yourself down the landfill and start looking for those bitcoins.

Comment

Sorry, what's PC?

(surely not PsychoCandy roles? )

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                    Sorry, what's PC?

(surely not PsychoCandy roles? )
                    LOL. PC support/desktop donkey roles.

Comment

Working...
                    X