• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does a 12 month IT developer contract exist anymore?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Does it really take 12 months to develop something nowadays? Are you expecting to be taken on as a developer to spend 12 months working on different projects?
    I've recently started a 12 month development project - all the same project, with a likely extension of another 6 months.

I admit it's pretty rare though.
    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Does it really take 12 months to develop something nowadays? Are you expecting to be taken on as a developer to spend 12 months working on different projects?

and why is a 12 month contract more lucrative that 3 4 month renewals?

... and WSS.
      One company I know is in the middle of completely re-platforming all their customer facing transactional websites and replacing most of the back office applications. They are approaching the 5th year of the programme and their main website still pretty much looks the same as several years ago...

So yes, it seems like it can still take >12 months to develop something!

Comment

Working...
      X