• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

sorry, we have to let you go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry, we have to let you go

So, it happened this way -

client:- arnie, we have to let you go.
    me:- what might be the reason?
    client:- your performance till now has been excellent. But, yesterday you made a mistake.
    me:- ok, here are my options1,2 and 3 to set it right...
    client :-Business is not happy. sorry, you have to go....But we are willing to give you a very good reference....
    10 minutes later I am out of the site.
    recruiter calls:- sorry arnie, you have been very professional and the client is willing to give you a good reference....I will look for another opportunity for you...
    I re-activate my jobserve account on the bus back home... and lo and behold! The same recruiter has already put up an ad for my replacement at 100 quid a day less.

Sounds familiar?

Originally posted by Arnie365 View Post

client:- your performance till now has been excellent. But, yesterday you made a mistake.
    client :-Business is not happy. sorry, you have to go....But we are willing to give you a very good reference....
    recruiter calls:- sorry arnie, you have been very professional and the client is willing to give you a good reference....I will look for another opportunity for you...
    I re-activate my jobserve account on the bus back home... and lo and behold! The same recruiter has already put up an ad for my replacement at 100 quid a day less.

Sounds familiar?
    Shirley you mean clientco instructed the same recruiter to seek your replacement at a discount?

Are they paying you a week in lieu as a gesture of goodwill?

Comment

A bit harsh to get rid based on one mistake. I doubt they would get someone else just to save £100 though. Probably jusy trying it as you have gone.

Did they can anyone else?
      Last edited by GB9; 3 November 2013, 13:36.

Comment

I would guess it is the agent that is trying to pocket the £100 not the client saving it.

You won't, of course, be using the client as a reference though will you........
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Do either of your proposed methods involve repairing the mistake at your own expense?!
          "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
          Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

If they want rid they would complain if you walked across water as you failed to swim.

Get your money and move on.

Comment

Sounds familiar?
              What was the mistake, if you don't mind me asking? Did it cause millions of pounds of damage?

Comment

Begin transaction is your friend

Comment

Sounds familiar?
                  What kinda contractor are you!!

Sucks mate, sounds like ulterior motives abound but forget about it and move on, you are not a permie so you should only have loyalty as long as you are getting paid
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    What kinda contractor are you!!
                    No you got it wrong, he means his bus.. like this one... doesn't he?

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X