• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Negotiate rate increase with agency or client?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have always negotiated my increase direct with current clientco. Even collaborated to squeeze the pimp's rate down to benefit my rate.

Comment

Its the principle, call the pimps bluff, he will not want to lose 8 months worth of money for doing sweet FA, if you don't get it walk...

Comment

Originally posted by BjornMorg View Post
        I have always negotiated my increase direct with current clientco. Even collaborated to squeeze the pimp's rate down to benefit my rate.
        Nice to know this works sometimes

Comment

Forgot to update the thread. The agent just emailed me one day and said the rate increase was approved. I didn't have to meet with the client after all, so don't know what that was about.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabotnik View Post
            Forgot to update the thread. The agent just emailed me one day and said the rate increase was approved. I didn't have to meet with the client after all, so don't know what that was about.
            The agent was testing you to see if you would break.
            Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
              The agent was testing you to see if you would break.
              +1 A mate of mine had a similar situation, 3 renewals in and another one coming up he asked the agent to reduce his margin so he could get a £20 a day increase, usual sob story about how the agency were barely breaking even on their 15% cut (he was looking for them to reduce it to 10%), needless to say he didn't get it. Next renewal comes along and he's bagged a better role and knows he's leaving gives the pimp the ultimatum, lo and behold he gets his 5% increase! He mentioned that it was very satisfying to tell the agency to go jump, they are not on the PSL anymore so didn't get the opportunity to get someone else in to replace him either . He's now contracting direct and happy with the reduction in tulip not having to go through an agency brings.

Comment

Working...
              X