• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tips on being one step ahead of agencies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by craig1 View Post
    I think it's because I work in very niche markets with agents that spend most, if not all, of their time in that market. It's also very much reputation based, it's a rare company that I go to that I don't have at least a couple of second degree LinkedIn contacts either working with or for me. If you're a known-good contractor then the agencies love you as you're an easy sell.
    ...and it helps to work in a small corner. I know a few people with fairly niche skills (obscure languages, complex areas of derivatives trading, proper capacity management and planning, whatever), and they are always the ones who never have a problem getting work, pick and choose their agents, always have people on the phone asking them if they're free, can dictate rates and terms and locations and can afford to turn work away if they don't fancy it all that much. Oddly enough they're the same ones that can't understand that 98% of contractors don't have that freedom.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
    X