• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Timesheet not approved now what

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timesheet not approved now what

Hi,

My last timesheet for my last gig at one of the Indian consultancies has not been approved 11 days after it was submitted so the agency is not paying my invoice naturally. After chasing and being ignored i suspect this is intentional. I followed all the rules when ending the gig, completed deliverables and left on good terms etc.

What happens if they keep dodging and refuse to approve the timesheet, what would the next step be and do i have any rights?

Cheers

Do a search on the forum. This has been discussed a lot and different options discussed in various situation so this will help you with ideas. Have a look at payontime.co.uk for articles and options. Dunning the tulip out of them is the first option, threatening them with late payment interest also works very well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning_(process)

Showing them that you have a good knowledge about commercial debts will also make them sit up and take notice, particularly if they will start to expect a solicitors letter at some point.

Find your options from the previous threads, the site I mentioned and other resources around commercial debt and start sending some stiff letters. I don't think we have seen a situation on here where they have not folded well before court so I wouldn't worry.

I assume you are direct here by the way?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pimpmycode View Post
      Hi,

My last timesheet for my last gig at one of the Indian consultancies has not been approved 11 days after it was submitted so the agency is not paying my invoice naturally. After chasing and being ignored i suspect this is intentional. I followed all the rules when ending the gig, completed deliverables and left on good terms etc.

What happens if they keep dodging and refuse to approve the timesheet, what would the next step be and do i have any rights?

Cheers
      Opted in/out?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Opted in/out?
        Is opted in/out status relevant here? The issue according to the OP isn't about client payment, it's about time sheet sign-off so even if opted in there's no obligation on the agent to pay, as far as I understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by aoxomoxoa View Post
          Is opted in/out status relevant here? The issue according to the OP isn't about client payment, it's about time sheet sign-off so even if opted in there's no obligation on the agent to pay, as far as I understand it.
          You understand wrong.

As long as you can prove that you did the work, then the agency must pay you if you are opted in, regardless of whether they are paid or not. Obviously, an approved timesheet is the easiest way to prove this, but there may be other ways to prove it, eg work logs, emails, phone history, sworn statement etc.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Opted in/out?
            As long as the pimpmycode has some way of proving it was highly likely s/he was in the office during that time then it's a case of court action.

If the work was unsatisfactory the client needs to say so immediately and not evade the contractor.

For future reference always make sure your timesheet is approved by the client while still on site.
            If the client is a consultancy get it signed by their client and then approved by the consultancy, as it stops this bulltulip from happening.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

protect yourself by not working for one of the racist, corrupt, tax avoiding, immigration law breaking, data protection act breaking Indian outsourcers...

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                protect yourself by not working for one of the racist, corrupt, tax avoiding, immigration law breaking, data protection act breaking Indian outsourcers...
                You make yourself sound so good......

Oh and you forgot sexist.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

This sort of behaviour seems to be on the increase it seems. i.e. client no longer feels the need to keep the contractor happy since the gig is over and then tries to stitch them up on the last timesheet. I guess the temptation is there to shave a few quid off the end costs.

I had something similar. Once the main part of the job was over, client completely changed and tried a few things on like this. It seemed getting the job done was no longer important (since it was done) and saving money now became an important factor.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    You make yourself sound so good......

Oh and you forgot sexist.
                    and crap
                    Blood in your poo

Comment

Working...
                    X