• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Billing rates in the Netherlands

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I don't exactly knows how they do that, but I was once offered a role there with 75% take home pay. I know in Belgium it is possible as well (even more: 80%). You will indeed be NL resident for that. Anyway, if your "normal place of work" is the NL, you will most probably have to pay the equivalent of NIC taxes there. On top of that, you will most probably be considered NL resident for income tax purpose, so you will pay your personnal (not the income of your company if you have one) income tax there as well.

This is a complex matter, so you should definitely take advise from some expat tax adviser there. You will probably pay for that, but nothing valuable comes for free in this world.

However, here in the UK, I will make around 85% take home pay, which is even better! (If the taxman do not shoot me in the process!)

Cheers,

Fabrice

Comment

Working...
    X