• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Billing rates in the Netherlands"

Collapse

• triboix
    replied
    Hi,

I don't exactly knows how they do that, but I was once offered a role there with 75% take home pay. I know in Belgium it is possible as well (even more: 80%). You will indeed be NL resident for that. Anyway, if your "normal place of work" is the NL, you will most probably have to pay the equivalent of NIC taxes there. On top of that, you will most probably be considered NL resident for income tax purpose, so you will pay your personnal (not the income of your company if you have one) income tax there as well.

This is a complex matter, so you should definitely take advise from some expat tax adviser there. You will probably pay for that, but nothing valuable comes for free in this world.

However, here in the UK, I will make around 85% take home pay, which is even better! (If the taxman do not shoot me in the process!)

Cheers,

Fabrice

Leave a comment:

• padinka
    replied
    Originally posted by triboix
    Hi Higs,

If you intend to relocate to the Netherland, you may consider working through their local tax regime. You can get around 75% of the invoiced income in your pocket. You should seek local advice for that.

The rate looks very good to me, but live is not cheap in the NL!

Cheers,

Fabrice
    I'd like to know how this happens too. Currently I get about 65% of gross and that is including the 30% tax ruling. 75% seems like a lot to me...

Padinka

Leave a comment:

• Higs
    replied
    You have my attention

Hi Higs,

If you intend to relocate to the Netherland, you may consider working through their local tax regime. You can get around 75% of the invoiced income in your pocket. You should seek local advice for that.

Cheers,

Fabrice
    Fabrice, now you have my attention

75%, do you have a reference point or further information on this?

I would appreciate any advice or help.

Higs

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Hi Higs,

If you meant "life in the New Liabour regime" then I agree. If you meant Netherlands, then the cost of living is yet substantially below then UK.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Hi Higs,

If you intend to relocate to the Netherland, you may consider working through their local tax regime.
    Do you mean being taxed in NL as a resident, as opposed to being taxed in NL as an expat? I would be interested to know what the advantages of that might be. The only one I can think of is the tax allowance if you are going to have a house loan.

(I hope you don't mean not being taxed in NL at all, since that is quite unlikely to be legal).

Leave a comment:

• triboix
    replied
    Why work through the NL tax regime?

Hi Higs,

Cheers,

Fabrice

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Higs
    Thanks expat...

With the 30% ruling and not using a Ltd. Maybe just using an umbrella agency, how much do you think this would net a month.

Grosss you have: 550 * 20 days = 11000. Would you get 5k net?

Cheers
    I don't know. My position was different so I didn't have the same calculation.

Leave a comment:

• Higs
    replied
    Thanks expat...

With the 30% ruling and not using a Ltd. Maybe just using an umbrella agency, how much do you think this would net a month.

Grosss you have: 550 * 20 days = 11000. Would you get 5k net?

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Higs
    Hi,

Apologies if this thread is repeated. I am newbie to the contracting arena and have just started to negotiate on a contract position in the Netherlands.

They have offered me 550/day for an Oracle/PL/SQL role.

Does anyone have an opinion on whether this is good/bad/indifferent.

Cheers
    Higs
    It seems OK to me.

Don't forget to research your tax position, esp. "30% expat rule". Note: working though your Ltd Co is normally not allowed in NL. But you didn't ask about that.

Leave a comment:

• Higs
    replied
    Sorry......just to clarify 550 euros

Leave a comment:

• Higs
    started a topic Billing rates in the Netherlands

Billing rates in the Netherlands

Hi,

Apologies if this thread is repeated. I am newbie to the contracting arena and have just started to negotiate on a contract position in the Netherlands.

They have offered me 550/day for an Oracle/PL/SQL role.

Does anyone have an opinion on whether this is good/bad/indifferent.

Cheers
    Higs

Working...
X