• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone contract through Hays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had QDOS looking at my Hays contract, it failed IR35 on 4 points mostly too restrictive clauses on substitution and taking time off, they (Hays) say they have hundreds of contractors working with the same contract, has anyone been able to change this with them?

(PS what happens if I accept a contract that failed IR35, will it make my QDOS insurance invalid for this contract, I did ask them this but they didn't answer that question)

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      (PS what happens if I accept a contract that failed IR35, will it make my QDOS insurance invalid for this contract, I did ask them this but they didn't answer that question)
      No - the insurance is based on your working/business practices and not your written contract.
      Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

With reference to TLC35 I imagine?

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
          With reference to TLC35 I imagine?
          yes

Comment

Yes, that applies to TLC35. Written contract doesn't affect cover.
            Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

they (Hays) say they have hundreds of contractors working with the same contract
              Which is completely irrelevant - the only relevant factor is whether you want to accept the contract or not. How other people run their businesses really doesn't concern you.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Which is completely irrelevant - the only relevant factor is whether you want to accept the contract or not. How other people run their businesses really doesn't concern you.
                Also, they are probably lying.

Comment

Worked thru Hays a few times; no problem
                  Clarity is everything

Comment

Just had QDOS looking at my Hays contract, it failed IR35 on 4 points mostly too restrictive clauses on substitution and taking time off, they (Hays) say they have hundreds of contractors working with the same contract, has anyone been able to change this with them?

They are known for failing an IR35 review, just get them to make the amendments at the bottom before you sign, QDOS reviewers can assist with this.

However, as other posters have pointed out, make sure your working practices are outside as well.

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

My frustration with Hays growth... It seems when you fill in timesheets and want to be paid, everything goes nice and smooth. The moment you need something extra - they are completely useless.

After a job interview at the end of July, I've been informed I will get a contract and start on 1st of September. In August I've been contacting Hays three times to get the contract but no answer. A week before I started I got a temporary worker contract through Hays, while I was lead to believe I will get a contract directly with the company. I thought I was paranoid, but more and more contractors coming to work here through Hays and they all got feeling they were mislead in their expectations.

Starting from 29/11/2014 Hays started to enroll all their (temporary) employees (contractors) on the pension scheme with NEST. I called to their payment department and they informed me they will only pay 1% to contribute to my pension, and will not match higher contribution should I want to increase it from my side. This gives my financial advisor "green light" to set up a separate pension pot for me (on my request). Over the phone Hays assured me they will provide this information in written, however all I got was a document I already had which does not refer to what Hays will do or not do should I wish to increase my pension contributions.

I do not believe Hays acts in my best interests. Every time I need "a little bit extra" information, I have to waste my work time to sort out something with Hays, while my company pays Hays to sort out this sort of questions. So basically, my employer pays twice...

Our new contractors also work though Hays/umbrella (FPS) company I've never heard about. It seems contractors benefit from it and get their expenses paid? Can anyone comment on this one? Will be really grateful.

Comment

Working...
                      X