• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are most SC contracts outside London for military end-clients?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with the OP, 100% or the roles for my skillet are defence based, maybe there just isn't the call for missile control systems in the NHS these days
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

My cleared clients have been......

1. BNFL - Nuclear (obviously!) and weapons-grade err, stuff (it's all on internet anyway but I'm still not saying what it was) - I think I had PV there - was nearly 20 years ago and certainly wasn't like the SC process now....

2. C&W Worldwide - hosting, MOJ, Police, Boots (OK, probably not The Police) - SC

3. DVLA - Still don't know why really, car tax and V5's. Oh, and Tachonet, for Lorry Drivers SC

4. DWP - CMEC - i.e. what was CSA - SC

I'd be interested to know where my SC lies at the moment, I'm sure for the DWP gig the agent was so clueless about it - I was engaged as not needing SC, then it was needing SC and did I have it and we'll transfer it. Bet it never happened, I'm sure cos the agent was TekSystems....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

1. BNFL - Nuclear (obviously!) and weapons-grade err, stuff (it's all on internet anyway but I'm still not saying what it was) - I think I had PV there - was nearly 20 years ago and certainly wasn't like the SC process now....
        I loved the induction video up there. Long blasts go to safe area, short blasts go to nearest safety point and put on masks etc, continuous tone, run for it but it's too late already as you will have had a lethal radiation dose by that point. The guy putting his spanner down and legging it on the video was hilarious....
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I loved the induction video up there. Long blasts go to safe area, short blasts go to nearest safety point and put on masks etc, continuous tone, run for it but it's too late already as you will have had a lethal radiation dose by that point. The guy putting his spanner down and legging it on the video was hilarious....
          I got pulled up for exiting the pilecap via pulling on the entrance door door closer arm like everyone else did when the Yodalarms went off during refuelling. Panicked!

Conversely, the pilecap was such a serene place when the reactor was running, all nice and tidy, gentle hum from whatever it is that hums on a nuclear reactor.

Used to have to go up there often, the fuel channel inspection camera and attached PC was extremely flakey....

Did you see me last night on 10 stone gonads?

Comment

3. DVLA - Still don't know why really, car tax and V5'....
            Because you were in proximity to sensitive personal data, as I am currently. Think of the repercussions if it leaked out that you once lost your license for drink-driving.

Comment

Originally posted by Gym beast View Post
              Because you were in proximity to sensitive personal data, as I am currently. Think of the repercussions if it leaked out that you once lost your license for drink-driving.
              Or that you got your wife to take the points for you and then lied to cover it up
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

That's covered by DPA tho surely, I was on the NHS Spine project and could potentially see patient records but SC wasn't required.

Comment

That's covered by DPA tho surely, I was on the NHS Spine project and could potentially see patient records but SC wasn't required.
                  NHS patient records are precisely what I do now, and yes, SC is most definitely a pre-requisite.

Comment

NHS patient records are precisely what I do now, and yes, SC is most definitely a pre-requisite.
                    Blimey, wasn't in 2006-9 when I was on it!

Comment

Blimey, wasn't in 2006-9 when I was on it!
                      I can confirm that too, I once did a brief contract in 05 for a Health Trust dealing with DB's of mental cases, that didn't need any form of clearance.

Hell, about the only check that was made was the agency got a little ar8ey that my previous boss took his sweet time to come back with a glowing reference, but for all they know that reference could have been falsified, by which time I was already 2-3 weeks in, and had seen some pretty hairy data indeed.

It's par for the course in our profession to be entrusted with sensitive information, I pride myself on NEVER revealing it to anyone not authorised. Sadly, our clients are often less stringent than we ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                      X