• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beware of CV Review Tricks !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beware of CV Review Tricks !!

Finally I managed to get an interview.!

Dear Mr/Mrs X,

Our Senior Consultant, **** St**ey, has asked me to contact you, having reviewed your CV, as he believes he can assist you with your job search. He would like to meet you in our Reading office on **** or alternatively on ******. Please email or phone me to confirm whether you would like this meeting to be scheduled. I will then arrange a mutually convenient time and be in touch to confirm the appointment.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

Reb**** Ri****
    PA to **** St**ey
    Last edited by administrator; 21 May 2013, 10:30. Reason: Company details removed - I don't need any more solicitor's letters!

I got exactly the same email a couple of weeks ago and another one this week.

I think that everyone who received this email should go and see this agency on the same day to keep him busy, as he obviously can't get any proper leads!

Comment

I've had loads of these, trying to get me to meet their senior consultant, regional director or whatever. Usually it's the same names, different titles each time

Comment

Let's hope nobody sets up false names and arranges meetings with them and then doesn't turn up.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Let's hope nobody sets up false names and arranges meetings with them and then doesn't turn up.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Let's hope nobody uses their real name, arranges meetings with them, and then bills them a day's rate + VAT for having their time wasted.
            FTFY.
            nomadd liked this post

Comment

I think Sophie Kingfast may be making an appointment soon ...
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                of company "Norfolk and Chance Ltd" perchance?

Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                  of company "Norfolk and Chance Ltd" perchance?

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    Who controls:

Tchut Nee "Chutney" Spune - United Kingdom | LinkedIn

?

Comment

Working...
                    X