• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Previous introduction to client ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Previous introduction to client ...

I'm interviewing at a client on Tuesday. A few weeks ago I got a call about the same role although I didn't connect the dots until the interview details came though. Both agents had different job descriptions so it wasn't obvious.

I told the latest agent (the one that got me the interview) that I had spoken to another agent about this role but hadn't realised and they didn't seem bothered. The are also offering a lower rate and the girl I get to speak to sounds like she's 12.

Does this have any impact for me ?

Is it the same role, and what happened with the first agent? Are you chasing a role you already know you won't get?

Unless you have anything contractual with the first agent for that role, then no.

Comment

Same role. The first agent called and sent a job spec, then said he was a good friend of the hiring manager and he was 'doing him a favour', not his normal line of work etc. He said the client was looking for perm, then fixed term, now contract.

I then applied for a job on JobServe and a different agent called, said I would be a good match etc etc. Job was advertised at 250-300 they said they could only do 250 but would send me the details and contact the client etc. Came back a day or so later and said the client was to interview and send the details. First guy calls again to say he had got no update but was trying still. The interview details arrive and it's the same job the first agent had contacted me about a week or so earlier.

Comment

Sounds like the first agent is trying to get you in somewhere that he doesn't really have access to and the other agent does. This happens quite a bit.

I would go with the second agent and when the first one bleats, point out that he did nothing for you.

Comment

No consequences for you, possibly for the client, though probably unlikely since he´s decided to interview you.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Cheers guys.

Comment

Working...
            X