• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone jacked off Linked In?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I don't think LI does but I would guess that some of them must have a third party application that keeps track of such things and notifies them.
    But why care if it does?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      ^ this

Does anyone know if removing a contact sends any kind of notification through to the contact?
      Yes, it doesn't.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Linkedin, for me, is like Facebook: I hate both and yet I feel that I can't afford to leave either one; lest I risk isolating myself from society at large. It's unfortunate that such sites can strip away everything that made them great in the first place and yet still be popular.

Comment

Anyone jacked off Linked In?

I just got a contact request from a very attractive looking girl from a field totally unrelated to mine (or IT).

Trying to work out the catch or whether I should take the biscuit and embark on a torrid affair, assuming its her in the pic...

Comment

Seeing a lot of false job ops from companies like WiPro who approach you and want you to go thru their 'process' to hire. Total cowboys and totally clueless on how to approach people and cultivate them. Avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              I don't think LI does but I would guess that some of them must have a third party application that keeps track of such things and notifies them.
              Hahaha! I regularly go through my contacts and delete ones who dont produce the goods after contacting me about roles im 'very suited to' blah, blah, blah.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I'm currently benched and I've got the minimum "job seeker" (spit) membership. Not sure how useful it is but it's interesting to see the details of who's viewed my profile and what they searched on to find me.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                  Hahaha! I regularly go through my contacts and delete ones who dont produce the goods after contacting me about roles im 'very suited to' blah, blah, blah.
                  An excellent idea I feel a cull coming on
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

Is there a way to filter the jobs available to only see contract roles?

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
                      Is there a way to filter the jobs available to only see contract roles?
                      Not as far as Im aware.
                      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                      X