• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What to do - Contract Finishes tmrw

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's very simple, tell the agent unless you get the rate rise you will walk, no ifs not buts.They will either call back later offering you a rise or you will have to find a new contract.

Comment

Originally posted by proggy View Post
      It's very simple, tell the agent unless you get the rate rise you will walk, no ifs not buts.They will either call back later offering you a rise or you will have to find a new contract.
      Was just about to say that. Be fully prepared to walk or STFU.
      Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
        Totally. Remember the agents will have heard this time and time again, possibly from nearly every contractor on the books. They know all they could lose is some commission while they re-fill the role which won't take long. You have the chance to lose your income for a couple of months. They will be very well versed in the bluster contractors give them and back down. Water of a ducks back to them so you have to be serious about the walking. If you are not they will spot it a mile off.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
          This.

Since the contract ended two days ago, I'd be interested to know which path the OP took.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I got the rate rise eventually... not straight away but got my rise with a year extension. BOOM! and they let the other contractor go.
            Never Never Never give up

Comment

Are you only allowed on to the internet one day a year?

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                Are you only allowed on to the internet one day a year?
                They have a very effective Firewall which blocks CUK, except for certain days in April, each year!
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                  They have a very effective Firewall which blocks CUK, except for certain days in April, each year!
                  24th last year, 23rd this year...looks like a bug in the firewall, OP should check the NTP settings. I expect a full report back on the 22nd of April 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by captainham View Post
                    24th last year, 23rd this year...looks like a bug in the firewall, OP should check the NTP settings. I expect a full report back on the 22nd of April 2015.
                    It was a Leap Year this year....hence the "loss" of a day.
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

I hate it when I get to the end of a thread and realise that I've been reading posts that are months if not years old

Oh well, back to work...

Comment

Working...
                      X