• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When Not Getting Full Contracted Hours?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Not Getting Full Contracted Hours?

Hi all,

When you do not get the full hours in the contract, not due to myself but due to time restrictions of the working area.
    Do you invoice for contracted hours of what you have actually worked?
    Boss knows about time restrictions.

Ask your 'boss' what he expects to pay for. Personally I would bill for the hours I worked. Billing for non worked time could have MoO issues and I generally think we are a flexible workforce so clients can do just this.

I would dig in to why they are less though and why I wasn't made aware before starting the gig and have a word with anyone in the loop about it. Nothing to stop you finding out why you have been mislead.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Assuming you're paid per hour, then you're paid per hour worked. Of course if the client is willing to sign the timesheet saying you did more hours than you actually did so you don't lose out, nobody's going to complain.

If you're paid per day, and the contract specifies expected hours which the client is preventing you from doing in full, invoice for the full day.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Thanks for reply guys,

I am paid for just hours, I will bill for what I have worked for. As am I new to this I asked the other guys who are also on the same contract (also new) what to do - they seem to think they can just put in 8 hour days ect when it was only 7 and Friday was an early finish.
        The work wont be at the central location all the time so I should get my full hours and more over the course, I just didn't want to lie about hours or have the balls to ask management such a question so early in the contract.

Honesty is always the best policy
        Last edited by Brookster; 7 April 2013, 17:55.

Comment

Working...
        X