• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV's and Consultancies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone else take the policy of specifically NOT listing previous clients on their CV ?

Mine just has me as director/consultant of MyCo, a list of 'services' offered, and examples of recent work without mentioning the client name.

I might name drop in an interview if I think it will help but very rarely have I been actually questioned about 'who' a past client was and agents are just fishing so they can take a hike anyway.

Comment

Hmm I tend to think having the clientco's name on there can say a lot about just how good you are, as there are some companies who won't just hire anyone
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
        Hmm I tend to think having the clientco's name on there can say a lot about just how good you are, as there are some companies who won't just hire anyone
        This.

Besides, I think just having your co name might look like you've made your work history up. I used to put client co and their location on my cv but dont now.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I know of one wanna-be consultancy who directed all contractors on pain of termination to change their linked in profile to the consultancy name rather than the end client.

Comment

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
            Does anyone else take the policy of specifically NOT listing previous clients on their CV ?

Mine just has me as director/consultant of MyCo, a list of 'services' offered, and examples of recent work without mentioning the client name.

I might name drop in an interview if I think it will help but very rarely have I been actually questioned about 'who' a past client was and agents are just fishing so they can take a hike anyway.
            I do, on one of my CV's.

I have just coded an app to generate my CV in HTML or PDF format, and depending on supplied command line options will include/omit client names, my contact details, and current project being worked on.

I generally dish out the version with no client names on at first. Will add client names if they really need it.
            Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
              I know of one wanna-be consultancy who directed all contractors on pain of termination to change their linked in profile to the consultancy name rather than the end client.
              I don't put my current gig on linked in until after I've left.

Comment

Working...
              X