• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting an agency to remove all your personal details from its databases..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting an agency to remove all your personal details from its databases..

Anybody had trouble doing this?

Some agencies, are responsive to this request.

Others don't state anywhere, whom to contact to get this to happen.

Just mail the agent - "Please removeme from your database". Gets the job done for me (usually in response to some daft job email for an icepick expert or similar nonsense). They must comply under the DPA.

Comment

Just mail them with a CC to your own email (as some form of proof).

If you get any more mail from them point out they are breaking the DPA. Pass on their details to the appropriate authorities.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

You need to contact their data controller and tell them. They then have 28 days to comply before you can report them to the Information Commissioners office. They can then be fined but going by examples like Thames Water leakage, I doubt they will fine them at all...

It's also against the Electronic Communications Act btw...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
          You need to contact their data controller and tell them. They then have 28 days to comply before you can report them to the Information Commissioners office. They can then be fined but going by examples like Thames Water leakage, I doubt they will fine them at all...

It's also against the Electronic Communications Act btw...

The Infomation Commisioner is actually reather Gung Ho about fining transgressors. It takes a while for them to get the case together but once they do they have no problem with giving people a kicking.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
          X