• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Consultancy Per Project vs General Consultancy Services

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    I agree in part.

Serious question: how would you protect against IR35 if a client asked you to provide mentoring services for say 3 months to their project management team? The reason I ask is that anything project specific seems to be easy to cover. Anything else, not so. Another example may be support analysis services.
    Well let's think about that a sec. I know...

1. How do you do it? What parameters do you apply to judge what needs changing
    2. When do you do it. When you decide it's necessary - based on your criteria (which may include data gathering from the client of course) - or when they tell you to?
    3. Where do you do it?
    4. What metrics and methodologies do you use to make improvements or measure progress?

Any more...?

D&C, MOO, RoS and the greatest of these is D&C. Good consultants are not under Direction and Control, else why are they consultants?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
    X