• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Green Lantern - Anyone seen this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green Lantern - Anyone seen this?

'Unlimited expenses' ??

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/for...howtopic=32404

I remember a post on here a few months ago, with almost exactly the same wording... 'I was talking etc etc £1000 a month more than me ....blah blah' ... suspicious, moi...?
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Is that Dave Contractor Jnrs site?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I've just started using GL35, and they seem okay, but I can't give a definitive answer yet. Though when I sent my first timesheet they'd sent the invoice to the agency within half an hour, which is pretty good I think. I'll see how they do with money coming the other way. They certainly don't pay unlimited expenses. They can't. It's the usual stuff, 40p per mile for the first 10k, then 25p after that. Subsistence allowance, etc etc.

Quote from their bunf - "We cannot validate an expense claim without a receipt. This is an Inland Revenue rule".

Comment

Dull thudding noise as head hits wall yet again...

When will you people ever learn?
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

YES - I must hold my hand up and say yep this is possible as I was one of those contractors who did it, the Umbrella involved was Prosperity4 and the low down was -

they invoiced the business for the full rate
            you got paid minimum wage so your tax and NI were covered
            your travelling and other "expenses" (mostly made up by them - very creativly) was reimburesed in a very convoluted round the houses way over a 2 month period
            Im still owed £500+ from these fcks - you need to have the expenses to get reimburesed everymonth - if not it gets "held" until you have enough made up.
            on a side note when i phoned up to find out when (if ever) i was going to be paid, the oik on the other end of the phone said "You should be grateful were giving you any money at all", I was young, naive and lost my way to their offices or someone would have got a kicking that day, that was alos the day I left and joined OG

DO NOT GO DOWN THIS ROUTE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST WALK AWAY

IR caught up with me 3 years later, luckily it was a short contract and only owed £200, plus £75 for the NI to get me back on the straight and narrow

Comment

I thought Green Lantern was one of DC's weaker publications - poor storylines etc
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

brought to you by the colour yellow and the substance wood

Comment

surely ochre not yellow
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                    I thought Green Lantern was one of DC's weaker publications - poor storylines etc
                    It had a good phase at the end of the sixties when Neal Adams was doing it.
                    We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Working...
                    X