• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is an "employed consultant"?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is an "employed consultant"?

I've obviously missed something, but what is an Employed Consultant. I don't mean a management consultant employed by Deloittes, for example, but I'm seeing this on some IT contract adverts at the moment.

Originally posted by oldgit View Post
    I've obviously missed something, but what is an Employed Consultant. I don't mean a management consultant employed by Deloittes, for example, but I'm seeing this on some IT contract adverts at the moment.

I think its an attempt to embed freelancers into consulting companies over longer terms. I have a few irons in this sort of fire myself. This is good

The down side of this would be crap like managed benches where an employment agency tells a customers you belong to them and you are their b!tches. This is bad

Comment

Sounds like a short, fixed term on-payroll gig to me.

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
        Spot on. Spring are really pushing this at the moment.

The typical model is to tell companies that they can reduce their contract cost by removing contractors and replacing them with their own 'employed consultants'. They then offer the contract roles on a fixed term employee basis at a much lower rate than they would have been on a daily rate. Winning applicants become employees of the agency for the period of the contract.

Downside - you are an employee

Upside - not a lot

Comment

Upside - you pay peanuts and get monkeys. So the idea dies a death for another few years until another agency thinks of the scheme.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
            This.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
            X