• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency asking addtional Questions before sending out contract - help?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    <snip>
    There is the following comment on the PCG website..

Agency Workers Regulations | PCG

but there is a lot of discussion about it which I don't quite understand but I do know it applies or doesn't. There is no opt in/out
    The understanding was that Ltd Co contractors would be clearly out of scope. When the regs were pubished, they mysteriously included the "genuinely IBOYA" qualification. So the original clarity was replaced in a fog of mis-direction.

DBERR as was did assure PCG that Ltd Cos were out of scope, but that won't hold up until it's tested. So you can probably assume you are outside, but don't bet the house on it.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Bugger, yes. My distrust of agencies leapt into overdrive before I thought about what I was commenting on...

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        The understanding was that Ltd Co contractors would be clearly out of scope. When the regs were pubished, they mysteriously included the "genuinely IBOYA" qualification. So the original clarity was replaced in a fog of mis-direction.
        The test for coming under the Agency Workers Regulations is effectively the same as the IR35 test so you could argue that not having LTD company contractors automatically exempt from the AWR is a good thing as it gives agencies and clients a real incentive to structure their engagements with contractors towards being a genuine B2B relationship rather than treating them as disguised employees....
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
          Is question 4 a trick? Hoping you'll answer "yes" to saying you're in business on your own account, and not realise that they're asking you to opt-out of AWR at the same time?

Alternatively, if you answer "no", as you don't want to Opt Out, are you then saying that you're NOT in business on your own account?
          Yeh. Q4 is a trick to get you to agree to opt out I reckon. Maybe the whole thing is just a trick to get you to say 'Yes I am a business' etc and tie it in with the old - you must be opted out then bollax.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Yeh. Q4 is a trick to get you to agree to opt out I reckon. Maybe the whole thing is just a trick to get you to say 'Yes I am a business' etc and tie it in with the old - you must be opted out then bollax.
            Read the next 2 posts one below ticktocks........
            Last edited by northernladuk; 3 December 2012, 16:31.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X