• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone at NHS CfH in Leeds?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone at NHS CfH in Leeds?

Princess Exchange - Hopefully starting there soon, any comments on the place, beer, totty, toilet situation.
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Originally posted by portseven View Post
    Princess Exchange - Hopefully starting there soon, any comments on the place, beer, totty, toilet situation.
    Spent just over a year there finishing in April this year.

It's a Regus building, CFHhave two floors. Open plan office etc.

Minimal facilites on site. Kitchen on each floor, but hot water only. No actual facilites to heat food and no cafe/canteen on site.
    Minimal shower/chaning facilities. Once small shower on one floor that is usuall crowdeed with kit from the people who do run/cycle to the office.

Toilets are generally clean and tidy. Look out for the phantom snorer in trap 2 on the second floor.

Beer -Closest decent pubs are the West Ridingc on Wellington Street, 100 yards away. Otherwise the Bewery Tap on New Station Street, turn right leavng the main station entrance. 100 yards down the Road. Both do good local beer and food. Of the two the Tap is probably the better, but is also pricier and tbh there is not much in it. Do not, under any circumstances use the Weatherspoons directly opposite, unless you fancy rubbing shoulders with the station drunks who are there from 8:00 am onwards.

Totty - Minimal, at least on the floor I as on.

Food - No facilities on site. If you just want a packet sandwich there is a Sainsburys on the station concours a two minute walk from the office. Otherwise Leeds has the usual selection of sandwich bars, takeaways etc. It's a bit of a walk but Bar Burrito d good mexican stuff on The Headrow. Otherwise there is an excellent cafe/sandwich bar called Appetite on Whitehall road (Turn left as you leave the building, tucked away down a little side street on the right. They do excellent breakfast butties but are rammed from 8:00 till about 9:30 so get there early and they get very busy at lunch times too.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

If you take a walk down Wellington Street there is a Nisa type mini supermarket that might be better than the Sainsbury's on he platform if you are not bringing your own lunch, if you are a real ale fan the Scarborough Hotel (locally known as the Scarborough Taps) is opposite the station
      Camnomis : Service Transition Consultants

Comment

I live in Leeds. Just that really.

Comment

Was there 10 years ago. Yikes.

From memory you can get the coffee machine to dispense three cups of espresso on a mug.

I imagine the stench of despair is mighty by now.
          The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            I live in Leeds. Just that really.
            Have we had this conversation before?
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

What's the parking situation like in Central Leeds?
              Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Dire!
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

For Princes Exchange, train station is very expensive. From memory the multi-storey in Wellington Place / Road something like that is a better bet.
                  The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

If you arrive early, there are some car parks in Water Lane & Whitehall Road areas from £3.50 per day but these seem to be fairly full by 8AM. They are only 5-10 minute walk from the office. Station car park next door is around £17 per day so avoid at all costs.

Depending on where you are travelling in from, the office is next door to the station so the train may be an alternative.

Comment

Working...
                    X