• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Signing in and parking in the vistor's car park

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Most of my effort in this thread is justifying people's right to ask questions without receiving abuse, what is obvious to one person might not be obvious to another.

It is obvious to me that when using a 'true' guard one needs to twist one's wrist towards the opponent - is that obvious to everyone else?

Perhaps your first reply could have been:

"Do not worry about parking arrangements or the vistitor's book, no one else does. I haven't seen any case where the parking habits of a contractor have been discussed. ."

This would have saved you effort in your aggressive replies and neg repping - true?
    You know people get banned for trolling in serious parts of this forum?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Nope because I have other things that distinguish me for IR35 purposes.
      Groovy, so I am in line with what everyone else is doing. That is all I needed to know (as I explained earlier). Honestly, you could have just said this to begin with and saved us both some time.

Lovely selective quoting - you missed the part out that I worked at home on those contracts for 80-90% of the time so didn't have a security badge.
      Irrelevant as the only point we were discussing was car parking. The fact you and others (see other replies) have and do park in the vistor's bay shows it does happen therefore I feel vindicated in making sure that I was not doing anything unusual for a contractor in parking in the normal car park. There are no other driving contractors here that I can check with.

I feel sorry for your clients you take everything so literally.
      I think that they feel they benefit from my desire to clarify things I am not sure of. The only reason that this has been a long thread is because you did not simply answer the question and chose to be rude instead. Although if you are slipping back towards insults I am going to assume you have nothing productive to add?
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

You know people get banned for trolling in serious parts of this forum?
        Do they also get banned for name calling?

Have a look at my other questions, a lot of them are quite basic. Nothing to do with trolling - that should be obvious from looking at any of my posts.

I am quite new to this and have no fear about asking basic question on here as there is no one local I can ask.

However, I think you simply started by being aggresive and rude and I have been able to show that you were 'in the wrong' when doing this so you are resorting to calling me a troll.

Comment

I agree with most on this thread. Irrelevant where you park. totally.

Makes sense that a client would rather long term contractors park in the main car park surely? Rather than hog the visitors car park for short term visitors.

I suspect kicking off about would just piss client off. At the end of the day, I'll park wherever they let me.

Can't imagine the guy who maybe comes to fix the central heating would kick off if they made him park in the main car park would he?
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I love the silliness of suggesting you bring to an IR35 investigation a letter from the man that opens the car-park gate.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I love the silliness of suggesting you bring to an IR35 investigation a letter from the man that opens the car-park gate.
              Lol - now that would be epic!

Comment

Working...
              X