• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MOO - Anyone ever handed in notice then not turned up again?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your insurance is not invalidated in any way by our reviews.
    This bit is interesting...I think that's saying that even if you had a contract that completely failed the QDOS review, you are still covered by their TLC35 policy?

That's different to the Survive35 one from AbbeyTax which says your contract needs to be passed by them in order to be covered.

But then as has been mentioned here before, I wonder if any of these policies will actually stand up to scrutiny if they are ever called upon. Won't stop me from buying it though, I'm a sucker for a security blanket.

EDIT: And thanks for posting the response from QDOS.
    Last edited by captainham; 1 October 2012, 14:42. Reason: Thanks!

Comment

I've never had a contract for specific deliverables that I can think of... my clients normally don't have these things mapped out enough and even when they do have 30 tasks to put in over the next 3 months, they would not pre-plan who is doing which. Currently I'm more of an overflow resource... they simply had too much work for the next few months but expect this to be temporary meaning employing a permie is not sensible.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by captainham View Post
        This bit is interesting...I think that's saying that even if you had a contract that completely failed the QDOS review, you are still covered by their TLC35 policy?
        The TLC35 policy is risk assessed on the basis of your actual working and business practices. There is a short statement of facts that is completed when you purchase the policy which just covers the main IR35 issues. Obviously much of IR35 is a grey area, so we just ask that you confirm the points to the best of your knowledge.

Originally posted by captainham View Post
        I wonder if any of these policies will actually stand up to scrutiny if they are ever called upon
        We've never rejected a claim and I very much doubt we ever would. If we did I imagine word would spread pretty quickly on places like this.

We've had several new IR35 cases for TLC policyholders in the last couple of months, so it's clear that HMRC are starting to turn the screw.
        Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

I've done it, as the client was mis-selling its product to public sector and not for profit organisations and telling them things like they didn't need an internet connection to work , with a cloud based desktop solution.

The bottom line is, I'm my companies most important resource and I'm not risking my personal reputation by being associated with disreputable business practices of a client.

The agent was actually really nice about it, there's a thread on here I'll try and post a link to.

I doubt I'll do it again, as I'm more cautious to be sure the client isn't hoodwinking me during our first meeting.

Comment

Working...
          X