• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New contract offer and paperwork

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EC4N View Post
    Decided to call client HR after 4'ish. Had to leave a message to call me back with details of issue. Very shortly afterwards, got the contract details through from agent. Unsure if it was coincidental or as a result some intervention but it's all sorted.

Many thanks for your all your advices! Appreciated.
    Did you get contract reviewed? Sounds to me like agent was trying to withhold it so you wont get chance to in an attempt to get you to start asap.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

All these cynical people on one thread.

And yes I agree with kingcook and psychocandy - the agent didn't forget they just didn't want you to get the contract amended because it contains a couple of nasty clauses.

Lots of contracts are IR35 compliant but contain other nasty clauses that could bite you on the bum if the client or even agency decides to play unfairly.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
      X