• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in Norway?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting in Norway?

Hi, newbie here looking for some advice about contracting in Norway....

I have an a couple of opportunities in Oslo but don't really have acluewhat day rate I should be asking for. I'm actually an engineering contractor based in Aberdeen but thought someone here may be able to offer some advice.

In Aberdeen, I'd expect to get a day rate of around £450 / 500. Obviously the cost of living in Norway is far higher than at home so what kind of rate would I need to have a similar standard of living?

Apologies for the vague post, but I really don't have a clue where to start with contracting abroad!

Thanks in advance!

£850, it's what I ask for (and never get!) for Sweden, and arguably NO is more expensive than SE....

Comment

You are thinking of moving to another country to go work, handling tax, language and clutural barriers and this is the best research you can do? Maybe it's not for you?

IT Contracting in Norway: Living & Working :: Contractor UK

IT Contracting in Norway: Money & Tax :: Contractor UK

norway site:forums.contractoruk.com - Google Search
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X