• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B - RecruitCOP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mlawren
    Hi there, I've read what's been posted here and it's a very honerable thing your trying the achive. I (like everyone here) have been contracting for number of years and have also been a victim of rouge recruiters. But Instead of trying to beat the system (from the outside) my idea is to try and change things from the inside. By establising my own consultancy with the very ethics you've outline here. I wouldn't worry too much about how much individual recruiters charge for their services and market forces will level that out. It's the quality and ethical standing of many, which like you, most concerns me. Have you actively researched your idea with employers (clients) and recruiters. Because if this is too one sided (toward to contractor) It won't be seen as impartial and will simply be another loby group (or quanco in government speak) and I'm sure you don't want that.

Prior to release I've had input from two recruitment consultants, several contractors, and a couple of global companies. Unfortunately for me those global companies are now in the middle of a cull.

It would be interesting to hear why it could be considerred one-sided when all RecruitCOP achieves is honesty which can only be considered beneficial to all. You could look at the Benefits for all parties here.

Rather interesting is this weeks Recruiter Magazine as it contains articles of how the Recruitment Business needs to tidy up its act - and also several parts indicating how fed up recruiters are with recruitment-to-recruitment companies who play the same games with the recruitment industry that contractors face everyday with IT Recruitment firms yet when a contractor complains it apparently does not happen or contractors are told they are whingers. RecruitCOP can remove the problems that recruiters have with rec-to-rec companies which are no different to those that contractors have.

Since release I have had a lot of feedback recruiters included which another release is planned to add the new features suggested.

The only negative feedback was posted anonymously on another board, it was definately by a very young recruiter who could not read the home page to obtain the facts (even line one) and they decided to slander me. At least I have had the courage to not speak anonymously.

We are prepared to listen to anyone from contractors, clients, recruiters, permies etc.

Amazingly enough the release of RecruitCOP has led to several other opportunites coming my way but I'm not available.

I hope your own consultancy goes well.

Comment

Due to demand RecruitCOP has today been updated to provide three levels of service that the employer/client may choose from:
      1. Providing the most protection – this is the original RecruitCOP providing a complete audited process.
      2. Allows Employer/Client to register their PSL for view by registered users and allows entry of a job for view by applicants.
      3. PSL only allowing employers/clients to simply publish their PSL

In addition to all three options the employer/client are able to show instructions to show recruiters the correct process to follow to be included on the PSL. This is to help ensure contact is made only with the correct person at the client/employer.

Comment

Nice idea, if it works. The site is nowhere near as solid as the idea or intention behind it though.

Also, why are you using the language of EB's to employees? You constantly reinforce what needs to change - the perception that contractors are job seekers or hunters.

When referring to contractors (using limited companies) couldn't you change the reference from 'jobs' to 'contracts' and drop the collective permie/contractor term 'work seeker or job hunter?

I think the site is a bit word dense, as others have pointed out. There's an awful lot to read and some potential users could be put off and not use it. I gave up pretty quickly and I read an awful lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
          Nice idea, if it works. The site is nowhere near as solid as the idea or intention behind it though.

Also, why are you using the language of EB's to employees? You constantly reinforce what needs to change - the perception that contractors are job seekers or hunters.

When referring to contractors (using limited companies) couldn't you change the reference from 'jobs' to 'contracts' and drop the collective permie/contractor term 'work seeker or job hunter?

I think the site is a bit word dense, as others have pointed out. There's an awful lot to read and some potential users could be put off and not use it. I gave up pretty quickly and I read an awful lot!
          Thanks Denny, as it is not just for contractors but also permanent workers I cannot just use a language that is understandable by them only. It also needs to be understandable by the clients. As they are not familiar with the terms you wish them to use it would not be wise to use them, however, the site can be expanded to cover in more detail specific topics to cover such issues over time.

Comment

Originally posted by privateeye
            Thanks Denny, as it is not just for contractors but also permanent workers I cannot just use a language that is understandable by them only. It also needs to be understandable by the clients. As they are not familiar with the terms you wish them to use it would not be wise to use them, however, the site can be expanded to cover in more detail specific topics to cover such issues over time.
            I hope it does, PE. No wonder the government are keen to embrace us into their open arms of quasi employment and IR35 inclusion.

I thought the idea was for owner managed contractors, predominantly.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran

Maybe look at something like encouraging the candidate to put the cv in an xml format to aid searching and transition.

http://www.hr-xml.org/hr-xml/wms/hr-...php?language=2
              Done it

Used a cut down version of the XML DTD - I preferred the earlier project 'XMLCV' cos it did not contain the letters 'HR' lol (oh and you dont have to 'register' to get the XMLCV stuff) https://gna.org/projects/xmlcv/

looks like its being progressed too

I was able to modify to use PHP not java in my mini module. XSL then to PDF and TXT' looks neat.

have fun
              jobjock www.dreamturbine.com

Comment

Originally posted by privateeye

If you are interested have a look at RecruitCOP and any feedback good or bad is appreciated - particulary if you can get your clients to use it as it is client driven. I aim to keep it free of charge to use and generate advertisng income.
                This is a most constructive effort and deserves support. If you need someone to give a day on a 'HR expo' stand then let me know. (Im older now, I dont have a pony-tail and do own a suit)

Great work PE!

error
                jobjock www.dreamturbine.com

Comment

Originally posted by errorista
                  This is a most constructive effort and deserves support. If you need someone to give a day on a 'HR expo' stand then let me know. (Im older now, I dont have a pony-tail and do own a suit)

Great work PE!

error
                  Thanks for that.

Comment

Working...
                  X