• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B - RecruitCOP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RecruitCOP - Would your company become a selling point for Recruitment Agencies? I have a friend (yes, a real one) that owns a recruitment company - maybe a small logo, member of RecruitCOP ... could be an angle to go for? Another version of the REC...

Or is just for the candidates benefits?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran
      However the offering seems a little confrontational, were I a recruitment agent then I would find it offensive. May I suggest something like 'Post Clarity' or similar for the name and work from that.

The recruiters need to come on side as they will sell it to the clients, most of whom have no time and just want a warm body that will make it all go away. So sell the benefits to them, individual agents that do as they are told, streamlining their business process, getting better cv's improving returns on PSL's etc. They may be sharks but the only way you get across the water is by stepping on their fins (apologies Dodgy).

Maybe look at something like encouraging the candidate to put the cv in an xml format to aid searching and transition.

http://www.hr-xml.org/hr-xml/wms/hr-...php?language=2

Know what you mean with confrontational and I tried to avoid it. The aim is also to help the decent recruiters as they suffer too with rogue recruiters if not directly then via contractors who have sufferred and become suspicious of all recruiters.

That website is a great link - thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NewbieContractor
        RecruitCOP - Would your company become a selling point for Recruitment Agencies? I have a friend (yes, a real one) that owns a recruitment company - maybe a small logo, member of RecruitCOP ... could be an angle to go for? Another version of the REC...

Or is just for the candidates benefits?

It is for everyones benefit - applicants, recruiters, clients, and employers. I will certainly look into allowing the "Member of RecruitCOP" logo. That is a great idea. Using RecruitCOP will show that a recruiter really wants to operate a code of practice.

Comment

Actual content looks good PE. One thing I would say is do something about the layout of the front page.

I'm a bit lazy and a bit thick really and I cant be arsed reading all that closely spaced text to find out what it's about. Try splitting it up into three clear sections. Employer, Recruiter, Contractor and giving clear bullets for each on the basic benefits and link to another page for the detail on each. Treat it like a CV almost, make sure you grab their attention in the first 5 seconds otherwise they will give up and move onto the next one.

And a personal gripe, get rid of the flash intro, it's pointless and annoying.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
            Actual content looks good PE. One thing I would say is do something about the layout of the front page.

I'm a bit lazy and a bit thick really and I cant be arsed reading all that closely spaced text to find out what it's about. Try splitting it up into three clear sections. Employer, Recruiter, Contractor and giving clear bullets for each on the basic benefits and link to another page for the detail on each. Treat it like a CV almost, make sure you grab their attention in the first 5 seconds otherwise they will give up and move onto the next one.

And a personal gripe, get rid of the flash intro, it's pointless and annoying.
            You are not the first to say the home page has to much information, it will probably change later tonight or after 5pm tommorrow when everyone is watching the football.

The flash intro (actually JSP, JavaScript, and DHTML) is likely to go to as it was only ever a short term gimmick for promotion reasons.

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by privateeye
              It is for everyones benefit - applicants, recruiters, clients, and employers. I will certainly look into allowing the "Member of RecruitCOP" logo. That is a great idea. Using RecruitCOP will show that a recruiter really wants to operate a code of practice.

That presumes the the recent legislation that you are looking to enforce is:

1. Workable (it is'nt)
              2. Is good for business (it is meddlesome bureaucracy that does nothing to stop cowboys even if it is enforced)
              Last edited by DodgyAgent; 15 June 2006, 14:04.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
                That presumes the the recent legislation that you are looking to enforce is:

1. Workable (it is'nt)
                2. Is good for business (it is meddlesome bureaucracy that does nothing to stop cowboys even if it is enforced)
                Firstly RecruitCOP is not looking to enforce all the legislation that is not possible. What we have produced is a tool to get rid of the most common problems that prevent applicants allowing themselves to be put forward for a job or cause most annoyance to other recruiters, clients, and applicants.

When a client uses RecruitCOP these are some of the things that will be prevented that stop applicants being put forward either by their choice or because the recruiter is not on the PSL and has no authority.

Recruiters on the PSL can prove it to the applicants - those who are not on the PSL will get caught out and will not get away with unsolicted submission of CV's to the client.

If a client is registered then any job will be shown on RecruitCOP.

The clients specify the job description and various attributes that prevent miss-selling of a job or mistakes when giving the job description - such as whether references are required and when, is the contract extendable etc.

It cannot be claimed that a CV has been submitted when it has not - without either of the applicant or the client knowing this.

The applicant will also know if the maximum quota of CV's has been submitted so they may try to find another recruiter.

It can only be good for the client if all the best applicants are able to apply and not be prevented by those pretending to be on the PSL or those pretending to submit a CV to stop someone else on the PSL obtaining that applicant. The above points effectively stop the cowboys from preventing recruiters on the PSL losing business potential. RecruitCOP is not just about contractors interests but does also prevent the cowboys taking away the business of recruiters on the PSL (or assigned a specific job) which then results in the client not necessarily getting all the best applicants.

What we are hoping to achieve is the ability for recruiters on a PSL to have better business relationships with the contractors and/or permanent staff. This we hope to achience by giving applicants the knowledge that they are being presented with the facts as entered by the client and not worried all the time about the various tricks that get played on them. We even give the ability for the recruiter to notify all applicants that the job has been taken by one click of a button, people like to know if they got the job or not and applicants view recruiters more favourably that tell them even if they failed the application.

It can't be good for the good recruiters listening to applicants all day long that are suspicious of your every word - we are aiming to take that suspicion away and open the doors to good business relationships.

Comment

Originally posted by privateeye
                  Firstly RecruitCOP is not looking to enforce all the legislation that is not possible. What we have produced is a tool to get rid of the most common problems that prevent applicants allowing themselves to be put forward for a job or cause most annoyance to other recruiters, clients, and applicants.

When a client uses RecruitCOP these are some of the things that will be prevented that stop applicants being put forward either by their choice or because the recruiter is not on the PSL and has no authority.

Recruiters on the PSL can prove it to the applicants - those who are not on the PSL will get caught out and will not get away with unsolicted submission of CV's to the client.

If a client is registered then any job will be shown on RecruitCOP.

The clients specify the job description and various attributes that prevent miss-selling of a job or mistakes when giving the job description - such as whether references are required and when, is the contract extendable etc.

It cannot be claimed that a CV has been submitted when it has not - without either of the applicant or the client knowing this.

The applicant will also know if the maximum quota of CV's has been submitted so they may try to find another recruiter.

It can only be good for the client if all the best applicants are able to apply and not be prevented by those pretending to be on the PSL or those pretending to submit a CV to stop someone else on the PSL obtaining that applicant. The above points effectively stop the cowboys from preventing recruiters on the PSL losing business potential. RecruitCOP is not just about contractors interests but does also prevent the cowboys taking away the business of recruiters on the PSL (or assigned a specific job) which then results in the client not necessarily getting all the best applicants.

What we are hoping to achieve is the ability for recruiters on a PSL to have better business relationships with the contractors and/or permanent staff. This we hope to achience by giving applicants the knowledge that they are being presented with the facts as entered by the client and not worried all the time about the various tricks that get played on them. We even give the ability for the recruiter to notify all applicants that the job has been taken by one click of a button, people like to know if they got the job or not and applicants view recruiters more favourably that tell them even if they failed the application.

It can't be good for the good recruiters listening to applicants all day long that are suspicious of your every word - we are aiming to take that suspicion away and open the doors to good business relationships.
                  Worthy as your intentions are PE I think a simpler site that gives details of the supplier relationships between clients and agencies would be far more useful. The problem with your site is that it requires people to integrate your offering into their process. Remember that these processes work very well without you. good luck anyway
                  Last edited by DodgyAgent; 15 June 2006, 16:30.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
                    good luck anyway
                    Thanks DA, may expand RecruitCOP to give both options of process and/or supplier relations so the client may choose which suits them.

Comment

Hi there, I've read what's been posted here and it's a very honerable thing your trying the achive. I (like everyone here) have been contracting for number of years and have also been a victim of rouge recruiters. But Instead of trying to beat the system (from the outside) my idea is to try and change things from the inside. By establising my own consultancy with the very ethics you've outline here. I wouldn't worry too much about how much individual recruiters charge for their services and market forces will level that out. It's the quality and ethical standing of many, which like you, most concerns me. Have you actively researched your idea with employers (clients) and recruiters. Because if this is too one sided (toward to contractor) It won't be seen as impartial and will simply be another loby group (or quanco in government speak) and I'm sure you don't want that.

Comment

Working...
                      X